Second Skin Audio

vented box for re srx 15d2

strebors

this will be my first vented box

got the specs off audio savings site and used the box calculator i saw on here

it shows 3 cu ft at 35hz is the best

i came up with 17 x 30 x 17.25 with a vent at 15.5 x 2.5 x 24 @ 34.79hz and 2.96 net cu ft

does this sound good? Im pretty sure i used the calculator right but may have not entered something that i should have

Did you left the # common port walls box empty? if you are doing a standard box like this:

SamplePorted.png

If so set "# common port walls box" to 3

Also you may increase your port area.

Looks fairly good. Have a go at it and see how it sounds.

Patiently waiting until 2016...the year in which I likely get to 300 posts... In which then, and only then, will I finally be able to get me some more decaf...

yea similar to that pic joe

is it 3 because the port opening is on the front and then has a side and back wall? so common to 3 of the walls?

If your box is like the one in the pic then yes set "# common port walls box" to 3

would all the specs of the box (cu ft and hz) be the same if i didnt have the vent at the front but on the upper left wall,(basing this on the pic above) basically turning the vent wall 90 degrees to the right, so the vent exit is upper left wall goes down the inside left wall and then a few inches on the bottom opening on the inside of the box on the bottom wall a few inches from where the cutout for the sub

this would be best to have the box on the right side of trunk and still allow maximum use of the trunk and there is a small area that it can blow through where the rear passenger seat comes down plus the 12v battery is right there too

http://joosss.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/2012-Toyota-Camry-Hybrid-Trunk.jpg

Archived