Powercell instead of another battery in the trunk???

I was in a local stereo shop just bsing about stuff, and i started talking to him about the way my lights dim like crazy in my car when my system hits. I asked if a better battery and h/o alt would be the best way to go. He agreed but said i would spend an arm and a leg. At least $200 for a good bat. and $400 or more for a h/o alt. I use to have a 1.5 fard cap in my car and it didnt do anything.

Ive got a volt meter hooked up and at idle on a good day it sits at 14.5 to 14.8. when my subs hit on certain songs it drops all the way down to 12.5 or sometimes lower. he brought up a powercell which is basically a small battery from what he said. it has enough power to start a car. idk wat brand it is. but he said its half the size of a battery. basically its a high end cap. have you guys heard of these at all??? just curious. i dont have alot of money to spend and these are only $150 through the stereo shop.

powerbass_logo_orange2-1.jpg

JENSEN 7" FLIP OUT H/U

*2 5 1/4 PIONEER DOOR SPEAKERS

*4 PLANET AUDIO TWEETERS

*2 6X9 PIONEER SPEAKERS

*2 12 POWERBASS 3XL'S

3000 WATT POWERBASS AMP

its just a battery.

SPL-Lab REPCar: 1996 Honda Accord F22B1 CoupeSuspension: Megan Racing Full Street Coilover Dampener KitAlternator: DC Power XP 270Batteries: XS Power D5100 & D3100Wiring: KnuKonceptz & 2/0 Welding cableHeadunit: Kenwood KDC-MP642UComponents: Hybrid Audio ClarusAmplifers: Lanzar OPTI250X4Subwoofer: 2 Sundown Audio E8.v2Deadener: Sound Deadener ShowdownSPL Meter: SPL-Lab RTA Pro meterWant an SPL meter for a lot less than the cost of a Termlab, but just as accurate and has the same features? PM me.CA ref: (enellz, 92c1v1c, el_chupo_, Thixx, Kraudio12, SethPhillips, NJack2AF, JamesKarr, ExpoSport, 01 S 10, wgsj_fortvalley, fast306stang, Lakota, blackga, TheLow, adrian1185, the727kid, rudy, sundownz, lmllopez, traksta15, gentlejax, satchel50207, Bigthangs, Goindef154)CACO ref: (extremechevyman67, ghostmechanic, FatBoy2, TheMan007, bdufner, 350zkid, ironb, bmansbach)SSA ref as phi: ( shizzzon, porkchop, onebadmonte, stevemead, TRP, ///M5, denim)SMD ref: (DC Power Rob, Nathan@XSPOWER, Jman08)And then some.

i havent done the big 3 yet i was just looking at that today. thinking about. i have a high interstate battery and stock alt. with that second one you sent would i just run power wire from the battery to it and then ground it or would i have to have it hooked up to alt?

JENSEN 7" FLIP OUT H/U

*4 PLANET AUDIO TWEETERS

*2 6X9 PIONEER SPEAKERS

*2 12 POWERBASS 3XL'S

3000 WATT POWERBASS AMP

if you got the room, get one of those batts LBox suggested, i dont really go anywhere close to caps or something of that being.

Team Clearly Louder (MECA)Team DC Audio

++* SELLING the CACTUS SOUNDS K12 for $1550 shipped *++

HMU!!!

3 flips. nollie flips. big flips. hardflips. - steez

Youtube Channel My Build Log

95 Bonneville SSE

- WALLED/4th Order - ~30 cubes -

*thanks LoganBerry, CortezDVT, Cj18, SuperCharged DC, Ryan-RAM Designs,LoudNLow931*

ya i was checking it out its cheaper, xs, with same 1000 amps which is what the guy said that other one put out.

JENSEN 7" FLIP OUT H/U

*4 PLANET AUDIO TWEETERS

*2 6X9 PIONEER SPEAKERS

*2 12 POWERBASS 3XL'S

3000 WATT POWERBASS AMP

And you get free shipping I believe as well as supporting one of the vendors! Do the big 3 with some 1/0 which will also help. For the extra battery, do either 1 run of positive back and then negative of back batt to frame, or do a run of + & - from the front battery to the back.

Archived