I recently installed a 4 channel amp into my car and I have alternator whine. I sanded down the ground before attaching the ground to the amp. I am tight on space because i wired it up under my seat. All power, ground, remote, speaker wires, and rcas are all very close together. I have a pioneer headunit and has 1 left and right rca output in the back. From there i have a splitter that goes to the bass knob and then from the bass knob to the sub amp (non-existant). From the other side of the splitter it goes to a splitter per channel so in total i have 4 channels for the 4 channel amp and 2 for the sub. My question is how should i ground my rcas? I know that this is the problem by reading up on this site, but should i just solder it to the outer or inner plug on the rca?

Edited by sundown-e21

1983 Bmw 320i 5 speed 251000 miles on it

Sundown SA-12d2

Big 3

Optima 75-25

Jensen hlx600 150x4 amp

Hifonics BRZ-1200.1D for sub in a 1.7ft^3 ~33hz ported box

Pioneer USB stereo

Bass knob integrated into old fading switch (Sneaky)

Lowered on H&R sport springs with bilstein sport shocks (2" drop and handles like a dream)

Leave him be. He's just talking shit and laying on his bathroom floor listening to Dashboard Confessional. Let nature take it's course and pump this chick in the butt. Let her know who's boss.

Wow i feel stupid, i figured it out.

Sundown SA-12d2

Big 3

Optima 75-25

Jensen hlx600 150x4 amp

Pioneer USB stereo

Lowered on H&R sport springs with bilstein sport shocks (2" drop and handles like a dream)

Leave him be. He's just talking shit and laying on his bathroom floor listening to Dashboard Confessional. Let nature take it's course and pump this chick in the butt. Let her know who's boss.

what was it?

2010 F150 FX4
-18" AA Mayhem
-Crescendo BC3500d
-Pioneer GM-D9500F 4-channel
-2 Crescendo FT1

-2 Crescendo Neo Forte 6.5

-Pioneer AVH-P3300BT
-6000K HID Headlights/Fog lights
-All LED interior lighting
-20% tint on front windows, 1% rear windows, 5% windshield strip
-Big3 (XSFlex 0ga)

-DC Power 270XP

-Group 65 NorthStar AGM battery

Coming soon/plans:

-Build log
-Blacked out mirror reflectors
-Tinted tails/3rd brake light

the deck has a common issue with having a bad ground on the inside, also, i can just get a ground loop isolator for like 5 bucks online, and that will also take care of it. Thanks snowdrifter for showing me this, i will try it tomorrow night.

Sundown SA-12d2

Big 3

Optima 75-25

Jensen hlx600 150x4 amp

Pioneer USB stereo

I don't think ground loop isolators work for pioneer issues. You just need to wrap some bare wire around the outer jacket of the rcas on the deck and ground it to the deck chassis.

Rest In Peace mother.

January 22, 1955 - February 14, 2013

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/user/35351-megrch/

the deck is fine, good thing but i did so many adapters underneath my dash that i think it messed with the rcas. it is going from 2 channel rca to 6 channel through a mess of rcas.

Sundown SA-12d2

Big 3

Optima 75-25

Jensen hlx600 150x4 amp

Pioneer USB stereo

Sorry, when I tested the speakers I was a Dumbass and didn't start the car... I took your advice and tried my best to fix the pico fuse wiring thing by soldering a wire to the outside of the rcas like you said, and it didn't change anything. Here is the solder job:

924f3b9c.jpg

Did I do something wrong? I tightened up that screw before putting it back in too lol.

Edited by sundown-e21

Sundown SA-12d2

Big 3

Optima 75-25

Jensen hlx600 150x4 amp

Pioneer USB stereo