TheNewbies build - DC, Skar Mitsubishi Eclipse FINISHED

I like your set up man. You do some good work for just starting out. So what's next?

Mounting the battery rack in my car. Was going to do it tonight but got lazy.. might still go out there in a bit and mount it real quick. Kinda dark to take pictures though. Then buy the amp, doing that tomorrow for sure. But as for within the car.. nothing that I can think of till I get my wire :) still deciding how to mount the amp. Might try to make a amp rack on the side of the box somehow but Thanks man, I am definately trying my best, I wanna do some quality work. Appreciate your input.

Check out my build log:

http://www.stevemead...60#entry1958353

Different folks have different strokes.

Did you say earlier that you were getting 2 batteries? If so where are you putting it? Also what amp you getting and where did you put it? The box looks great, glad to see another guy building in the SUPER small trunk of the eclipse. Nice work!

Hey man, what year eclipse do you have? I'll put up some pictures where I'll put the battery.

It is A 2000 like it says below. \/ \/ Nice place for a battery and looks like you could add more next to it in the future if need be. I would mount the amp on the seat rather then on the box. Vibration is bad for your amp and nothing vibrates more then the box. As far as fuses Like everyone said just fuse both ends of your positive run from front battery to rear battery, as close to batteries as possible. Then fuse the positive wire going to your amp.

Suburban Build Log

"So much money and time spent making copper winding move up and down a magnetic pole"

DC Audio Eclipse

Did you say earlier that you were getting 2 batteries? If so where are you putting it? Also what amp you getting and where did you put it? The box looks great, glad to see another guy building in the SUPER small trunk of the eclipse. Nice work!
Hey man, what year eclipse do you have? I'll put up some pictures where I'll put the battery.
It is A 2000 like it says below. \/ \/ Nice place for a battery and looks like you could add more next to it in the future if need be. I would mount the amp on the seat rather then on the box. Vibration is bad for your amp and nothing vibrates more then the box. As far as fuses Like everyone said just fuse both ends of your positive run from front battery to rear battery, as close to batteries as possible. Then fuse the positive wire going to your amp.

Thanks for the suggestion, i wanna do something that's not just.. simple. Takes some time to make it look good but there isn't really much room back there to do that with the amp :l

Check out my build log:

Still no ideas for the amp.. Guess I'll mount it to the seat. There goes my creative side -_- I've been lagging it with the amp it WILL BE ORDERED TODAY. I'll make sure of that. Possibly some fuses as well. Next will be 50 foot spool of 0 gauge from Knu for the big three, and then another battery from XS D950 up top. If you have any suggestions, tips on things I can do or do better let me know!

Check out my build log:

Archived