Second Skin Audio

New box question, RE XXX 15"

Lol. No. 30 hz box just emphasises the only thing this sub does. Dont go below a 34hz tuning. And dont make some huge box either, just makes this sub sloppier then it already is.

Btw dont listen to anyones box design advise that doesnt know about power your runni.g also.

I think RAM knows what he's doing ! :WTFBubble:

You both have very different opinions ! but I'd listen to RAM rather than an Asshole (what a name !!!!! lol).

BTW do you know how much power is he running ?

lol at ram knows what hes doing. ive need numberous wrong designs from him. It makes no sense to tune a sub that has a terrible upper frequency that low and in that large of a box ...so that it can only be even peakier then it already is. I've most likely designed more boxes and BUILT them then he probably ever will. I just dont feel a need to come into every box thread and tell people some random box design that i think is going to work without any thought process whatsoever behind it.

But back on topic...2500rms (seen the sundown there) on a big ol box with low tuning...forget about it "sounding good". Also i've owned the sub in question and built many boxes for it as well. But if you feel more comfortable going with someone who probably has no real life experience with it...thats all good.

Edited by Forum Asshole