Jump to content

Big 3 with 4awg on stock electrical


Recommended Posts

Posted

Feel free to do what you like. The advice you are getting is solid though and I feel the need to say just because you haven't experienced a problem doesn't mean you don't have a deficiency. IJS

2005 Ford Focus zx4

AMT's and Planars

18" Infinite baffle

Posted

i know that my amp is probobly not getting enough power but i would just like too know if it is okay to add 4awg big 3 without any 2nd battery and on stock alt. my friend has 2 12 hdc3s on a aq2200 in a custom box tuned to 36hz with the big 3 in 0awg and a xspower3100 2nd batt. and his system only sounds slighty louder than mine. like 3db-5db maybe. and i have stock electrical with 2 xd 12s.

2010 Cobalt LT Coupe

Subs: 2 American bass XFL 12s

Amp: Crescendo BC3500D

Big 3 in 1/0awg

29hz box

stinger volt meter

2nd battery Deka 9a31

pioneer DEH-9400BH

Posted

if i do the big 3 with 4awg and add a deka 9a31 would that be enough power? or do i have to use 0awg?

2010 Cobalt LT Coupe

Subs: 2 American bass XFL 12s

Amp: Crescendo BC3500D

Big 3 in 1/0awg

29hz box

stinger volt meter

2nd battery Deka 9a31

pioneer DEH-9400BH

Posted

i'd do 0 gauge for your car. cause the cobalt has the stock battery in the trunk and you want as least resistance as possible.

Posted

Well, all we are trying to say is that doing the big 3 with 0 gauge does nothing but more good for your electrical system.

I know 0 gauge is more expensive than 4 gauge but its more worth it cause the current has more room to travel because bigger wires have less resistance, so it's gonna help keep voltage stable like I said before, especially since you're running stock electrical, if you use 4 gauge, the chances of voltage drops increases cause you're limiting the chance for the current to travel.

If I was running 1.5k on my car, I would invest in 0 gauge to feed the amp properly, and to do the big 3 in 0 gauge also. Right now since I'm only running 600 watts rms, I'm only using 4 gauge for the amp cause it's my 1st system, and I haven't done the 3 big yet because my electrical is stable atm, and plus my stock wires are almost 4 gauge anyways.

Here's a site with a nice chart to explain what I mean also

http://www.powerstream.com/Wire_Size.htm

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget


2016 Rebuild Under Construction

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

Posted

my batt to amp wire is 0awg

2010 Cobalt LT Coupe

Subs: 2 American bass XFL 12s

Amp: Crescendo BC3500D

Big 3 in 1/0awg

29hz box

stinger volt meter

2nd battery Deka 9a31

pioneer DEH-9400BH

Posted

can i use, used 0awg wire?

2010 Cobalt LT Coupe

Subs: 2 American bass XFL 12s

Amp: Crescendo BC3500D

Big 3 in 1/0awg

29hz box

stinger volt meter

2nd battery Deka 9a31

pioneer DEH-9400BH

Posted

what everyone said...do 1/0 4 gauge is wasting your time. I have the same rms in my car and I have 1/0 big 3 plus an extra battery in the back. I have one run of 1/0 and a run of 4 gauge to my rear battery and I still get voltage drops to 13.6 and 13.4 idle playing at full tilt.

Scion tC SQ Build
iPad mini, lots of fabrication, daily driven
Ford Explorer C Pillar Wall Build

Just a cheap car to destroy with bass :D

Posted

can i use, used 0awg wire?

Yes you can if it's long enough, and insulation is in good shape.

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget


2016 Rebuild Under Construction

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 9126 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...