chevy cavalier BTL 18

how should i build my box for my 2003 cavalier trunk....the box i have is just a basic 5 cube box....idk if i should build a box that points into my car or just whatever i need ideas :/ PLZ!!!!

2007 JEEP COMPASSDC LEVEL 4 18"AUDIOQUE AQ 2000.1ELEMENTAL DESIGN NINE.4

:bow28:

If you can face the sub fireing forward that would be best but you would have to completely seal the trunk off and use some sound damp, there's a few guys on this forum that could design a box for you if you give them the max dementions or if you wanna pay for one you can go to like ram designs.com

Duel Sa-8 V.2 D2 Sub Enclosure

2001 Pontiac Grand am

• Head Unit - OEM
  • Processor - RF 3sixty.2
  • Subs - RE Audio SXX12D4
  • Amplifier - Kicker ZX1000.1
  • Mids & Highs- Rockford Fosgate Power T2652-S
  • Rockford Fosgate Power T1693
  • Mids & Highs Amp - Rockford Fosgate Power T400-4
  • Wiring - 1/0 AWG, 4 AWG, 8 AWG
  • Alternator - Stock
  • Batteries - non ext
  • Box- Absolute PSEB12BK

i

If you can face the sub fireing forward that would be best but you would have to completely seal the trunk off and use some sound damp, there's a few guys on this forum that could design a box for you if you give them the max dementions or if you wanna pay for one you can go to like ram designs.com

id probly just get it done here in town with a bunch of buddys.....but in just lookin for that max, daily, loudest thing i can do for my car Edited by AAAudio710

Too many factors to say what would be loudest, but I'm sure if you just did a slot port sub back, port back you'd be plenty happy. Maybe try sub back port drivers side?

Btw, what amp are you running now man?

And saw ya frolfing with Billeh :ph34r:

Err...what're your max dimensions??

not too big, i think ud hafta mount the sub facing up man, or at an angle, i have a 2000 cavy, and itd be hard or impossible to fit an 18 inch sub in there any other way, ud need a box thats what, like 19-20 inches tall as a minimum to stand it up?? (just me .02 from one cavy owner to another) if anybody has ideas, feel free, i just havent found a spot in the trunk that tall

Feedback Thread: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/152368-littlebuck1919s-feedback/#entry2177586

i think you'd stick your dick in a blender if it told you it was 40 wtih two kids your age. lol

6/18/82 - 4/17/12

R.I.P. to my sister Shana

I know your gunna wanna do it intown but there's guys on here that can make a nice design and give you the dimensions and a cutout sheet then you can build it

Duel Sa-8 V.2 D2 Sub Enclosure

2001 Pontiac Grand am

• Head Unit - OEM
  • Processor - RF 3sixty.2
  • Subs - RE Audio SXX12D4
  • Amplifier - Kicker ZX1000.1
  • Mids & Highs- Rockford Fosgate Power T2652-S
  • Rockford Fosgate Power T1693
  • Mids & Highs Amp - Rockford Fosgate Power T400-4
  • Wiring - 1/0 AWG, 4 AWG, 8 AWG
  • Alternator - Stock
  • Batteries - non ext
  • Box- Absolute PSEB12BK

Coming from the owner of a 2003 Cavalier...the fuhhh? I can see maybe trying to fit a single 15 in a ported box in the trunk, but as it is right now I barely managed to slide in a box for 2 12s...even if you build it in the trunk I honestly don't see fitting a ported box for an 18 in there. I might be missing some extra bit of info though?

EDIT: I suppose you could use the spare tire well to add an extra cubic foot or so, but even then I don't think you'll be able to fit an 18 in there facing forward or backwards just because of the height. Maybe facing upward with a port facing forward? :puzzled:

Edited by iChrisTucker
ninja.gif Build in progress ninja.gif

Coming from the owner of a 2003 Cavalier...the fuhhh? I can see maybe trying to fit a single 15 in a ported box in the trunk, but as it is right now I barely managed to slide in a box for 2 12s...even if you build it in the trunk I honestly don't see fitting a ported box for an 18 in there. I might be missing some extra bit of info though?

EDIT: I suppose you could use the spare tire well to add an extra cubic foot or so, but even then I don't think you'll be able to fit an 18 in there facing forward or backwards just because of the height. Maybe facing upward with a port facing forward? :puzzled:

as of right now my BTL is facing upward but its only in a 5 cube box that without displacement so more along the lines of 4 cubes.....and i could fit the btl in up to a 8 cube box....but the only way thats happening is is in my back seat... :/

not too big, i think ud hafta mount the sub facing up man, or at an angle, i have a 2000 cavy, and itd be hard or impossible to fit an 18 inch sub in there any other way, ud need a box thats what, like 19-20 inches tall as a minimum to stand it up?? (just me .02 from one cavy owner to another) if anybody has ideas, feel free, i just havent found a spot in the trunk that tall

im thinking about trading the 18 for 2 eclipse titanium/sw9122

Too many factors to say what would be loudest, but I'm sure if you just did a slot port sub back, port back you'd be plenty happy. Maybe try sub back port drivers side?

Btw, what amp are you running now man?

And saw ya frolfing with Billeh :ph34r:

Err...what're your max dimensions??

i have no amp right now and have no money for one as of now :/ uugh so im screwed for awhile...im thinking about trading the 18 for a pair of eclipse audio titanium/sw9122

and yes i saw you too deff when Bill almost smoked whats his name with his stray destroyer!! :twirl: