SS4Luck Posted March 13, 2012 Report Posted March 13, 2012 I have a 2011 dodge ram and it has 3.5s in the dash. I keep blowing them up running them just off of my Kenwood deck and its starting to piss me off. Ive been through Kickers, JL Audio and Polk and nothing lasts for more than a month. Ive tried running without them but I lose all my front stage without them and it sounds like total shit. Anyone have any recommendations? Id love to just make an A Pillar pod and run a small set of speakers there, but I have no idea how to make those and no shop around me I feel comfortable with doing that kind of work, the havent made me confident or been able to show me they could do it... Any suggestions? lol or you can just start hooking shit up together and blow up speakers and your amp
Robert8252 Posted March 13, 2012 Report Posted March 13, 2012 Option 1 - Use a high pass filter at 80-100hz minimum no matter the speaker. Most only handle 15-20 watts Option 2 - run components, midbass in the door and the tweeter in the 3.5 location. Option 3 - something 2013 F150 Crew Cab Old Build Log Feedback 2013 F150 Equipment - Some Awesome Stereo Sound Making Stuff
SmallTruk Posted March 13, 2012 Report Posted March 13, 2012 Throw bass blocker caps on them, somewhere around 120hz. As it was said.....comp set with tweets in the 3.5 location. Stop clipping the shit outa them with the deck. After the 2nd pair you shoulda realized you're doing something wrong lol
CJSmith Posted March 13, 2012 Report Posted March 13, 2012 ^^^ that your answer. X2 *Rebuid in progress*
POPLERO Posted March 13, 2012 Report Posted March 13, 2012 On my trailblazer I have 3.5 speakers on my dash aswell and disconnect them since the quality wasn't that great (crappy bose ones) and my front stage was lacking a good punch aswell.. I tried just replacing it with a tweet but haven't found a good enough crossover, I used the stinger bass blockers for tweets and it didn't help much.. I personally didn't want to take the tweet from my door and put it there.. so I'm on the same page as you man.. I ordered a aq supertweet just to have and am gonna see how that does in there.. 2008 TBSS Black Granite Alpine CDA-117 Clarion EQS746 AudioQue Supertweets @ dash Alpine DDT-s30 @ b pillars Alpine SPR-60c @ front doors Alpine SPR-60 @ rear doors Alpine PDX-f4 Second Skin DampPro KNUkonceptz Wiring DCpower 270amp alt Optima YT underhood *temp Two15DCxls Hifonics bxi2610 *temp saz4500 and 4 xp3000s coming soon.
SmallTruk Posted March 13, 2012 Report Posted March 13, 2012 Adding tweets when you're lacking "punch" won't do anything but give you more highs and probably make the lack of midbass even more apparent.
POPLERO Posted March 14, 2012 Report Posted March 14, 2012 im sorry i didnt clarify.. i ment punch as in lack of sound(highs) not midbass. which i would assume you would want coming from the front of he dash. Would a pair of one of these crossovers do fine for a 3.5 speaker? http://www.parts-express.com/wizards/searchResults.cfm?srchExt=CAT&srchCat=977&CFID=6902301&CFTOKEN=99506059 or can you get away with just running an inline cap like one of these? http://www.parts-express.com/dayton-loudspeaker-precision-1.cfm I am on the same boat, and running my dash speakers straight off the headunit which gives them only 18 wrms. Input and help appreciated, thanks. 2008 TBSS Black Granite Alpine CDA-117 Clarion EQS746 AudioQue Supertweets @ dash Alpine DDT-s30 @ b pillars Alpine SPR-60c @ front doors Alpine SPR-60 @ rear doors Alpine PDX-f4 Second Skin DampPro KNUkonceptz Wiring DCpower 270amp alt Optima YT underhood *temp Two15DCxls Hifonics bxi2610 *temp saz4500 and 4 xp3000s coming soon.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.