@ skittles thanks and i bet someone has learned from this topic @ smalltruk the 35 seconds lol I will pay you when i see you haha and I want demos too. no sarcasm Just a random thought relax. this topic inspired me to do more research and I learned more. the reason i posted is because Ive heard from so called sound masters they do and they dont. and we argued this topic since the 90s. i have one Everyone else thanks for the input = smooth. I can see some real sound kings here go smd

Edited by Bigvell

@ skittles thanks and i bet someone has learned from this topic @ smalltruk the 35 seconds lol I will pay you when i see you haha and I want demos too. no sarcasm Just a random thought relax. this topic inspired me to do more research and I learned more. the reason i posted is because Ive heard from so called sound masters they do and they dont. and we argued this topic since the 90s. i have one Everyone else thanks for the input = smooth. I can see some real sound kings here go smd

Say what...?

I'm curious, so what kinda caps are those?

And would these types of caps in this setup be beneficial to a daily ground pounder setup or are batteries still better for daily?

All I can say is they are supercaps...I'm not to familiar with them I just got them...I will post results if I gain or lose dbs with them

TEAM DC AUDIO

VEHICLE:98 chevy tahoe 2wd 3-4 drop

HEADUNIT:alpine 9886

PREAMP:arcaudio

FRONT STAGE:4-6 1/2s selinium,DD component set and 4-selinium tweeters in each door

KICKPANELS:jl audio 5 1/4

REAR DOORS: dd components 6 1/2s

HIGHS AMPS:zapco 750.2 on front doors,zapco an another 750.2 on kicks and rear doors

SUBS:4-ascendant audio 18s with 5 spiders in a custom box built by KINGSUV

SUB AMP: 2-dc7.5s

ALTERNATORS: 3-mechmans 1- 425comp, 1-smd spec350, 1-270 with adj voltage harness on custom dc bracket

WIRE:10-runs 0g front to back

BATTERIES:6-d1400s

TL results:157.1 at 38hz and 156.8 at headrest score @37hz. STATE AND NATIONAL RECORD IN MECA S5.

supercap = industry terminology for carbon capacitors

The 50 Farad and 100 Farad RF and LA caps were the first to use this technology, prior only available in the power generation industry - think power generating windmills. That was back in like 2002 I believe, so it isn't a new idea by any stretch of the imagination. I ran one of the 100F caps in my Mustang for years and it worked excellent with 3,000 Watts RMS - as in ZERO [Edit: MINIMAL - lol] voltage fluctuations with music at full tilt boogie. I removed it because I wasn't driving the vehicle very often and those big caps have a bit of a parasitic draw (100 mA or so) when you let your vehicle sit. Over time, this resulted in a dead battery. Since I removed the cap, my dash and park lights look like a rolling disco (headlights are HIDs so voltage fluctuations do not affect them).

The infamous T15k uses three entire boards of supercaps, but they are used to supplement the high voltage rails (I believe they are +/- 70 Volt!), which is why it behaves like no other power amplifier. Look closely at the formula for energy as it pertains to capacitors - (CV2)/2 and you will notice that capacitance is really not nearly as important as voltage . . . look what happens when you leave C the same and change V from 14.4 Volts to 70 Volts . . .

So much to learn . . .so little time . . .

Tony Candela - SMD Sales & Marketing
Email me at [email protected] to learn about becoming an SMD Partner!

CEAES_468.gif