Second Skin Audio

Bass imaging?

BobbyG2

in the 18" sub SQ setup I read about..the guy was using 10" subs in his kicks..for the bass..the single 18 was for 20hz and lower he said..

Most home audio larger subs are tuned to or around 20 to 25 htz ... Tuning means they will play higher frequiencies (allowable by the crossover) but are able to get way down like 20htz and below ... crazy huh ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

I have an Alpine CDA 105, and I can get the IMPRINT sound processor for it. Would that be what I should do or would you recommend a better way of tuning my system?

I was thinking of building a carputer so I can get a high-end sound card (like this) And then getting a touch screen monitor. I like the idea of having a computer in my car with all my music two clicks away, and having all the other miscellaneous features of a PC that a headunit doesn't have. (They have 4G USB internet now).

Up to you sir ... Its your system, but I'm not sure of the specs on that headunit ...

I run the Kenwood DNX9980HD (specs to the Kenwood is on a link on my Signature) with a external hard drive for my music files ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

what do you run for a lossless source? Does that unit play flac?

simple ... Windows media pro ...

got my hard drive partitioned and set up to FAT32 ...

Oh cool that headunit reads FAT32? I tried to hook up my external to my CDA105 but apparently it only reads the format that flashdrives run on, forget what it's called.

I would love to come check out your systems at SBN but I gotta work Friday and Saturday night, 10p-7a. Daytona is still 4 hours away from me.

I've never been to a car audio competition/show, I gotta keep my eye out. Tampa is pretty close I gotta watch out for something going on there.

*New vehicle and system coming soon.*

Oh...so lossless wma files? Crap...I'd have to re-convert my library :lol: I just burn mine to CD's all old-school like. :D

library transition is always fun ... but worth it not to have to lug all them cds around ...

Oh cool that headunit reads FAT32? I tried to hook up my external to my CDA105 but apparently it only reads the format that flashdrives run on, forget what it's called.

flashdrives are FAT32 ... lol ...

There is no such thing as imaging for sub bass frequencies, as they can't be located. Imaging refers to the location and depth of where the sound seems to be coming from.

An 18" can certainly be used for SQ, it certainly has it's advantages, and disadvantages. Not everyone is willing to give up the space for an 18", where a smaller driver can give them enough output for what they want, but I know there has been various sq competitors that used multiple 18s because they could get the same output as smaller drivers, but with less excursion. Less excursion, more linearity, less distortion. Whether or not the benefit could be audibly heard, I don't know.

sighl.jpg

I might be weird but I can definitely hear where the higher bass is coming from.

Mostly low tuned bass guitars/Kick drums, anything lower than that though yeah it's hard to pinpoint.

That would be FAT32. You might be getting confusered with NTFS. Most head units won't read NTFS.

Lol yep :P

*New vehicle and system coming soon.*

Archived