Sundown Audio

skar audio sk 1500d

alot of people have a misconception that by lowering their ohm load to .5 they will get the same power increase as if they went from 2 to 1 ohm. It doesnt happen output increases very little and then current draw would go through the roof.

for example i ran one 2500d at .5 and it had more draw than 2 of them at 1 ohm

Some people are just stupid and buy the wrong coil configs.

some dont plan ahead and they have one woofer wired to one ohm and then they buy a second woofer but not a second amp

some people have a misconception that impedence rise will save their amp. The your amp will never see that load anyways crowd.

This is very true.

Also to answer the OP's question - I have customers who run the SK-1500 off stock electrical for daily use on 1/0 Power Run that see no problems. This is not the standard for most here but will probably work - you just won't see the voltage you really should be looking for. I would recommend at the minimum a small battery in the back and a Big 3 upgrade would most certainly add to the benefit with minimal cost.

Skar Audio

www.SkarAudio.com
Phone : (888) 501-7527

skarav.jpg

im just running the skar 800.1 on a d975 xspower under hood big 3 and all 1/0 wire on stock 130 amp alt

How's your volatge? I was going to run the exact same setup.. but Skar 1500.1 90 amp alt. Everything else the same, 975, big three, 0 gauge.

Check out my build log:

http://www.stevemead...60#entry1958353

Different folks have different strokes.

waiting on custom box from skar audio but i don't see a problem comming up on voltage i have a volt meter and ill let ya know when i get it all up and running but it should be fine im running two ivx 15s it should be bumping by the weekend i hope iv already got the amp mounted and all the wiring done just gota get the box mount the subs and wire the subs to amp

Edited by teardrop
SKAR_728x90-2.jpg

Yea i was just throwing the .5 ohm thing out there I really thought it would give the same boost like 2 ohm to 1 ohm. if not im not doing it. Thats why I posted it now I know 1 ohm min for me. So dvc 4 ohm wired in parallal equals 2 ohm so the amp has 2 outputs. So just put 2 dvc4 wired in parallal in each output by its self and I will has 1 ohm right.

waiting on custom box from skar audio but i don't see a problem comming up on voltage i have a volt meter and ill let ya know when i get it all up and running but it should be fine im running two ivx 15s

Okay thanks man, lemme know!

Check out my build log:

Yea i was just throwing the .5 ohm thing out there I really thought it would give the same boost like 2 ohm to 1 ohm. if not im not doing it. Thats why I posted it now I know 1 ohm min for me. So dvc 4 ohm wired in parallal equals 2 ohm so the amp has 2 outputs. So just put 2 dvc4 wired in parallal in each output by its self and I will has 1 ohm right.

www.the12volt.com

Check out my build log:

two dual 4 woofers wired in parallel (all +'s together and all -'s together) will equal 1 ohm

2_4ohm_dvc_1ohm.gif

you can use either one of the amps outputs, or both sets. doesnt matter.

waiting on custom box from skar audio but i don't see a problem comming up on voltage i have a volt meter and ill let ya know when i get it all up and running but it should be fine im running two ivx 15s

Okay thanks man, lemme know!

link to my build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/119417-skar-audio-blazer-build/page__hl__%2Bskar+%2Baudio+%2Bblazer__fromsearch__1

SKAR_728x90-2.jpg