Computer/Carputer problem (video added)

ill see if i cant check it out, thanks for the tips :]

not real sure if we will be leaving the resort though. but we will def be on the beach

No problem bro.

The beach itself will be pretty much worth the trip out there.

TEAM FLEX ISSUES

Car: 1985 Oldsmobile Delta 88 Royal

24" Rims

HU: 7" Carputer, Planet Audio EQ, iPhone.

Coax: T3 Audio 4" speakers

Subs: 2x 18" T3 Audio TSNS (walled)

Sub Amp: DC 9k

SOON TO COME

T3 Audio 6x9s

MB Quarts 6.5" comp set

MAYBE ADDED

2nd DC 9k

very few things cause a basic computer like this to BSOD from the bios.. raid/ahci settings would, but no clocks can be jacked with im sure.

you could try going into the bios by spamming the DELETE key.

then reset advanced settings, f10 to save, type Y then hit ENTER.

09 Civic EX

KDC-X395

(2) SKAR Audio VVX-12

Skar Audio SK-1500.1

4 cu ft @32 (new box and more port soon)

Firing Forward not sealed off

Stock 80 Amp Alt

Big 3 In 1/0 Knu

2 Runs To The Back 1 Pos 1 Neg In 1/0 Knu

DD-1'd 13.8v drop

very few things cause a basic computer like this to BSOD from the bios.. raid/ahci settings would, but no clocks can be jacked with im sure.

you could try going into the bios by spamming the DELETE key.

then reset advanced settings, f10 to save, type Y then hit ENTER.

Should I try this prior to trying the other thing you mentioned 1st?

TEAM FLEX ISSUES

24" Rims

SOON TO COME

T3 Audio 6x9s

MB Quarts 6.5" comp set

MAYBE ADDED

2nd DC 9k

it couldnt hurt, but i doubt it will fix anything ;p

09 Civic EX

KDC-X395

(2) SKAR Audio VVX-12

Skar Audio SK-1500.1

Stock 80 Amp Alt

Big 3 In 1/0 Knu

DD-1'd 13.8v drop

it couldnt hurt, but i doubt it will fix anything ;p

Hmmm might try it just to see if it helps. It won't make things worse though right.

TEAM FLEX ISSUES

24" Rims

SOON TO COME

T3 Audio 6x9s

MB Quarts 6.5" comp set

MAYBE ADDED

2nd DC 9k

nope, theres a option once you hit delete that says "restore advanced settings" just hit enter on that, then f10, then Y then enter.

i believe those are the steps.

09 Civic EX

KDC-X395

(2) SKAR Audio VVX-12

Skar Audio SK-1500.1

Stock 80 Amp Alt

Big 3 In 1/0 Knu

DD-1'd 13.8v drop

I couldnt actually read the screen on your video (the text was too blurry). But likely the last file its trying to load during boot (looked like XXXXXXXX.sys) is corrupt. If you can get your hand on the specific file and a dos bootable USB you can swap them out at the dos prompt. You'd want to rename the original to xxxx.old or xxxx.bad then copy the good one to the same location and cross your fingers.

File corruption like this is fairly common with windows os when power is abruptly disrupted. I'm not sure what yur hardware setup is like or how you have it wired into your vehicles electrical but you should consider a seperate isolated battery (think UPS) to help with this in the future.

Best thing would be to power down your carputer before disconnecting the battery and not loeaving it powered on with your car not running.

CURRENT SYSTEM:

• Alternator:
    1. Stock alt on mids/highs
    2. Isolated DC Power 270 SP - Charging @ 16.8v
  • Batteries: (2) XS D1400s
  • Power Cable: Double Runs of 1/0 KNU Kolossus Fleks
  • Headunit: 80-PRS
  • Sub Amp: DC 5.0k
  • Subwoofers: 2 RE MT 15s /PSI dual .7ohm recones
  • Subwoofer Enclosure: 9.1cubes @ 32hz - brutal.
  • Mids & Highs Amp: CT125.4
  • Active Components:
    • Mids RE XXX 6.5c
    • Highs - 3 RE XXX tweeters per side(A pillar)
  • Noise Control: Damplifier Pro all over the cab.

Build Log

If you do business with me please leave feedback here: FEEDBACK THREAD

Highest Legal Score: 151.0 db
Highest Musical 30 Second Average: 151.6 db

Best Buy will let you return that drive within 30 days of purchase. I worked there for a little over a year and a half. If you want to hang onto an external drive for potential future use, buy one offline. If you want to just use it once, buy the one at Best Buy and return it within the 30 days.

To be honest though it might be a BIOS issue. On the POST screen it's reading the CPU fan at nearly 5K rpm, which is stupid high. I'd try resetting the BIOS to default values before I bothered with the Windows disk. Best way to do it in this scenario would be to pull the CMOS battery in my opinion. Pop the cover off the case, find the little button cell battery, pop that sucker out, and wait about 30 seconds. Then put it back in and try to boot. It'll reset everything in the BIOS to default settings but leave Windows untouched.

EDIT: Actually, on second thought it doesn't seem too crazy that a tiny carputer would need a fan with high rpm. Hmmmmm. I'd still reset BIOS to defaults and move forward from there. Best to knock it off the list for free and see if it fixes it before spending monies.

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

I was hoping for 150 :(.

I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt

I couldnt actually read the screen on your video (the text was too blurry). But likely the last file its trying to load during boot (looked like XXXXXXXX.sys) is corrupt. If you can get your hand on the specific file and a dos bootable USB you can swap them out at the dos prompt. You'd want to rename the original to xxxx.old or xxxx.bad then copy the good one to the same location and cross your fingers.

File corruption like this is fairly common with windows os when power is abruptly disrupted. I'm not sure what yur hardware setup is like or how you have it wired into your vehicles electrical but you should consider a seperate isolated battery (think UPS) to help with this in the future.

Best thing would be to power down your carputer before disconnecting the battery and not loeaving it powered on with your car not running.

How do I get to those files, or get to look for those files? I'm sure you've notice that I'm a pretty big rookie when it comes to computer repair/troubleshooting.

Best Buy will let you return that drive within 30 days of purchase. I worked there for a little over a year and a half. If you want to hang onto an external drive for potential future use, buy one offline. If you want to just use it once, buy the one at Best Buy and return it within the 30 days.

To be honest though it might be a BIOS issue. On the POST screen it's reading the CPU fan at nearly 5K rpm, which is stupid high. I'd try resetting the BIOS to default values before I bothered with the Windows disk. Best way to do it in this scenario would be to pull the CMOS battery in my opinion. Pop the cover off the case, find the little button cell battery, pop that sucker out, and wait about 30 seconds. Then put it back in and try to boot. It'll reset everything in the BIOS to default settings but leave Windows untouched.

EDIT: Actually, on second thought it doesn't seem too crazy that a tiny carputer would need a fan with high rpm. Hmmmmm. I'd still reset BIOS to defaults and move forward from there. Best to knock it off the list for free and see if it fixes it before spending monies.

This might be one of the first things I try since it doesn't require any money.

But I'm still ready to buy the things needed since that was already recommended twice to me.

TEAM FLEX ISSUES

24" Rims

SOON TO COME

T3 Audio 6x9s

MB Quarts 6.5" comp set

MAYBE ADDED

2nd DC 9k

Since there's a sting possibility that my solution will still be the first suggestion, how's this one?

http://m.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827151238

My searches on Newegg haven't been too good I guess. But that's the cheapest I found.

TEAM FLEX ISSUES

24" Rims

SOON TO COME

T3 Audio 6x9s

MB Quarts 6.5" comp set

MAYBE ADDED

2nd DC 9k

Archived