Measuring Alternator Needs

Ok guys...gettin ready to purchase the amps for my truck, but I need to know how to figure out what size alternator I will need to replace mine with? Of course it will be an iraggi.

My truck came stock with a 136 and I know on a cold day that my grid heater draws about 80 upon startup.

The two amps that I am purchasing are the Soundstream TRA-960.4 (fused off at 100) and the TRA800.2 (fused off at 80).  Now even though the fuses are max draw and being that I won't be competing and have the power up max pretty much at all, how do I figure average current draw? 

Also, the truck has stock dual 960amp batteries.  Do I need to worry about stacking additional batteries (hopefully not, don't have the space to do so).

2k6 Dodge Ram 2500...CUMMINS POWERED - SOLD

get the biggest alternator you can get for your truck or shall i say the one with most amps

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(1) XS Power D6500(UNDERHOOD) and (1) XS3000(REAR)

3 runs 1/0ga for power and 2 runs of 1/0ga for negative.

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

DC power 260amp alternator w/MLA Module

Thanks guys..

Unfortunately it is not as easy for me to get a huge alternator as it is for most of you guys.  Why...Diesel Powered babbyyy.  In english, my truck redlines at 3200 rpms.  Most gassers get their peak current around the 4-5 k range, where as I need my peak power down in the 2k range.  So that's why I need to figure out what size I need, then start working with Dom to get one made for my truck.

Kev

Yep...that's why I'm trying to figure out what size I will need, so that I can start working on pulley size and then have him work on the making it work.

i would do a 250amp, full tilt at 1800rpm.

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

Archived