looks good....get some vinyl for that box and amp rack!

didnt realize you had it all done, guess i havent kept up with your thread on 8th...

Lol I wouldn't say its completely done with it but its nearing the end...

I guess i meant started or a work in progress...last i saw was the renderings/ sketches

looks good....get some vinyl for that box and amp rack!

didnt realize you had it all done, guess i havent kept up with your thread on 8th...

Lol I wouldn't say its completely done with it but its nearing the end...

I guess i meant started or a work in progress...last i saw was the renderings/ sketches

how about a video :yahoo:

Yes the renderings finally made it into 3d form. As far as the video goes that will be coming. At the moment we are unable to get to the gains to make sure we didn't bump anything so right now I'm being cautious. Don't want to mess anything up...

The main goal now is to get money saved up for deadener and mlv for the trunk...

really clean man nice i like it hows it sound?

C-Fizzy, on 01 April 2012 - 01:06 PM, said:

Clip city bitch, clip clip city bitch. 10's, 12's, 15's, goin up in flames bitch.

Check out my build thread http://www.stevemead...product-page-2/

New build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/172646-punkrocks-97-civic-build/

really clean man nice i like it hows it sound?

Considering I'm only running a comp set it and not running multiple mids and tweets it sounds very good... From what I'm told the goal for SQ is to have the Imaging a tick or two above the HU and around the steering wheel. Which it does move slightly as there is no T/A alignment or anything to help the imaging, other then the HU EQ, its pretty darn good... I do wish I had more control of the sub frequencies and my mids as right now the HU controls both and don't want to over push the sub to get the desired output of my mids... In the future I do plan on getting something similar to the JBL MS8 to help this but am looking for something that would allow me to separate between the two...

If anyone has any ideas/product recommendations let me know...

Hey all,

A little update of an odd issue I ran into over the weekend:

1) My mid-woofer in my passenger side door decided to quite working and after racking our brains for the reason it went from 4 ohm normal to double that 8 ohms and running basically the whole length of the wire. We figure that while I made the holes in the plastic covering to go into the box it wasn't wide enough and either the slight movement of the box or the vibration due to the sub caused the wire to get pinched, wore through or some other odd issue...

A little update:

In my quest to achieve good SQ sound I have realized that the 5 band EQ on the HU isn't going to cut it... Eventually I will be getting something along the line of the JBL MS8...

So for now I'm looking to get more EQ options along with the separation between the sub and my mids/highs. So I've come across these two units:

The Hifonics MX3 for my sub:

http://www.audiosavings.com/products/Car-Audio-Sound-Processor/Hifonics-MX-3-Bass-Subwoofer-Controller-Processor-W--EQ-MX3/MX-3.aspx

and the EQL from audiocontrol for my mids/highs:

http://www.audiocontrol.com/14159/products/EQL-Trunk-Mount-Equalizer-and-Pre--amp.html

• 1 month later...

I have a question:

As you can see I have a sealed setup and am wanting to overpower the sub a little bit: 5-600W. The issue here is the heat issue with the sealed setup. Would going inverted allow me to overpower the sub safely keeping in mind the xmax of the sub?

• 7 months later...

Sorry I haven't update here in some time. A lot has changed since my last update so be patient as I bring you up to date. This is a copy and past from another forum and any questions don't need to be answered as its old. Thanks

Hey all just wanted to give you an update on my build... I had recently won a free case of Alpha Damp over a ROE and today was a good day to get it in with a lot of other things as well...

First thing was to gut the trunk so my friend work on dampening the trunk and do some necessary cleaning... I was amazed at all the crap I found down there...

As you can see there is a lot of the factory dampening on there already so all we did was reinforce that with the alpha damp

IMG_0610.jpg

Hmm wonder what the plastic tube and vent sorta things is for?

IMG_0611.jpg

Laying out the sheets to figure placement...

IMG_0612-1.jpg

Damp in lets move on... I made sure to really hit the area over the muffler in hopes to eliminate whatever vibrations from the muffler I can...

IMG_0613.jpg

I really didn't like the black random pieces of damp so decieded to get some aluminum foil Duct tape as I've heard its a wonderful sealer and makes it look much more uniform... Here are a couple progression shots

IMG_0614.jpg

IMG_0615.jpg

IMG_0618.jpg

IMG_0619.jpg

Finally done after a couple hours with a break or two included...

IMG_0621.jpg

Got to represent my audio buds over at ROE. Custom made to fit my car and color matches... Thanks 98Civic

IMG_0616.jpg

IMG_0617.jpg

My friend hitting my door panels with deadener to kill the buzzing sounds I get at high volume...

IMG_0620.jpg

OMG!!! LOOK AT THAT MESS. Did I do that...

IMG_0622.jpg

Also to help with the buzzing sound my friend added some 3/4" foam tape on the outer spots of the door to separate metal to plastic contact as much as possible...

IMG_0623.jpg

Also we finally added some Velcro to the amp rack to hold the top and middle pieces down so they won't become flying pieces of death when I slam the breaks on...

IMG_0624.jpg

We still need to sand the top down flush to the box so it looks nice...

We also upped the power to the sub... First off the sub is rated to 400W RMS and can take that all day every day non stop no matter the music... I've been running it at 500W RMS max controllable with the included controller at which I have marked where 400W RMS is located for daily driving and 500W RMS for demo's/metering... Well needless to say the sub had no issue playing 500W RMS constantly... I was able to test it very well this past week as it was middle 90's and 30 min drives to and from work... So today we decided to up the power some more and we came upon 625W RMS for the max as the sub plays comfortable there on any song without having to much of an issue with thermal produced... We figure this is about the limit of the box and didn't want to push it to much and bottom the sub out... I am stilling using the remote to control the gain and have it set to play 500W RMS daily...

I played a couple songs with a 5 min break in between each song or so to allow the sub to cool (on took a few seconds but didn't want to push it) and the response is amazing... I wouldn't be surprised if I were mid to slightly upper 130's... Also the transition between bass notes is amazing... Just looking at the sub as it plays wants to make me go to the bathroom if you know what I mean... For a sealed setup I couldn't ask for more... Jacob did a wonderful job with these subs and they have a lot of potential...

We still are not done yet as today we need to work on sealing the rear deck with the foil tape and use some of the foam tape to stop it from rattling in the back as Honda has made it quite hard to put back on with the rear window in the way...

Archived