Second Skin Audio

DC level 4 m2 15 power handle

How much power can a DC level 4 m2 15 handle before it starts getting damaged. I plan on having the loudest daily driving set up and occasionally go to audio comps. to see wat numbers it can do. I know the rms on them is 1400 but I hear people saying that all of DC stuff is underrated so if anyone can help thanks alot

i have never dealt with the m2 4s, i did with the m1s, it is more of box design than the woofer itself, then it comes down to thermal capacity. but i will let someone who has ran them for a bit step up.

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

5ft^3 per sub is going to be way too much if you plan to drive them over their rms ratings. Typically, if you have to ask how much they can really handle, this means you aren't fully aware or comfortable with all of the different variables that actually go into power handling. With an enlosure that large on more than the rated rms you are going to experience unloading issues.

If I had to give you ballpark figures, you could get away with running 2k per sub if they are in about 3ft^3 per if you insist running more than rms power. And when I say 2k, I mean 2,000 watts of CLEAN power. Good voltage, and proper gain setting would be a must in this situation for you.

On 6/30/2011 at 1:11 AM, 'Ray' said:

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not.

Its all user and box dependent. Some user feed them 3.5k no problem while others blow them with less power. Their rated @ 2200 but can take more! Just make sure your giving them clean power & have proper voltage. Remember Bigger Box=Less Power, Smaller Box= :morepower1:

I don't got that bad of a mouth, do I? Fuck Shit Ass Bitch Cunt, Shooby-de-doo-wop.Skibbedy-be-bop,a-Christopher Reeves!

THE FUNNIEST U WILL EVER HEAR!!: Bak in 2010 my old neighbor gave me a demo of his 2 cvr's. It wasn't LOUD and I told him that. Guess what comes out his mouth? "Idk bro its usually louder, I guess it still has an ATTITUDE, It tends to get mad @ me every now & then when I turn it up too much!" :rofl::rofl: What the fuck! I was like.. " R u serious u CRAZY DUMB MOTHERFUCKER!"

Ahh, I luv the Forum & the Forum luvs me!!(STL)

the more power the smaller the box is usually the way it works. dc subs are rated properly, but if the user knows what they are doing they are capable of handle more power, remember dc doesnt warrant user error so dont send a dirty signal and maybe get a box design from a reputable designer

the more power the smaller the box is usually the way it works. dc subs are rated properly, but if the user knows what they are doing they are capable of handle more power, remember dc doesnt warrant user error so dont send a dirty signal and maybe get a box design from a reputable designer

thanks man

thanks man

no problem dude and 3.5^ft is to big for 2k just fyi