Second Skin Audio

DC audio level 4 m2 15 suggestions

I ordered 2 15 inch DC audio level 4 m2 dual 1 ohms to run with an Mtx te4001d. The new m2 are rated at 1400 rms and 2800 peak. their gonna be receiving about 1800 rms per woofer. My question I seen people make a daily set up with 2 12s hitting around 147 to 149dbs. With your giys suggestion would it be possible to hit those numbers on a low hert daily set up woth those 2 15s.. And hopefully doing a little hairtrick? What box size do you guys recommend to give them woth the amount of power im using. Oh yeah their gonna be in a Nissan hardbody ext. Cab. have upgrated alternator and 4 yellow top batteries and big three upgrade. thanks for your suggestions.

use 3-3.25 for each woofer, in a truck in the RIGHT box with the correct port, i can see you doing a 50 on a good day, but hell what do i know, best i did with two 15" m1s on 3.5k was 148.7, clamped about 1100 per woofer in a shitty box, if you have anymore questions just pm me

Legal TL scores145.6 on the dash sealed up in the low 40hz area with the port out145.5 on the dash sealed up @30hz with the port inless then 1k clamped on a 3.5k!

Why would you EVER WANT flex?
huh?...flex is what can make the lows lower and more air being pushed correct?
jeff_zps9bc81ace.jpg

me_zps0fb5a5b4.jpgMy FeedbackJeep-BuildlogPT LOSER buildlog

Every box and ever car and the way the box is in the car are all variables id tune around 33-36 hz bc i love lows im not sure about the size though because ive never ran dc's. Good luck on the build

2000 stratus10 SunDown E-10s

Singer 250amp Alt

Xs Power D975Concept c2400All 0 gauge wire10 6 1/2's in Rear Doors

no need to make another thread,

refer to the other one you started , people said 3 cubes, or less than 3.5 cubes per 15. thermally they can handle up to 2k, but you need to drop the box size a bit so they dont bottom out.

i would say 3-3.2 cubes per.

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

So im hearing from people that when you really over power a sub then you go with a smaller box but I have also seen that people use huge boxes for also over powering by alot so how does that work

If it's a huge box, and one woofer.. it's because their dumb. Thinking the bigger box will allow them to put more power to it, just uneducated.

Check out my build log:

http://www.stevemead...60#entry1958353

Different folks have different strokes.

So whem you over power and make the box smaller does the port get bigger?

what are you trying to do exactly do you just want a fart box or something musical.. for burps shrink it down and have a larger port. musical stay around reccomended (depending on power of course) and tune accordingly. there isnt one way that guarantees that it will work there are too many variables to try and predict how a box will perform in your car. if your running 2k two each i would give each 3 cubes and tune to 35