sprkn_ranger's DC audio build. *Kerfing has begun*

Here's a couple update pics. I ended up having to drive all over southern California today so I didnt get much time to work but I got the port hole cut on the first baffle and got the t-nuts installed and test fitted the sub:

A little dab a CA glue and this bish ain't goin nowhere!

39252c5f.jpg

Clamped the t-nuts in so they wouldn't strip or spin by using the bolts.

250da1c2.jpg

They are all in

a6a6ea60.jpg

0f54ae82.jpg

Here's the sub test fitted! Finally looking like its going to make some noise!

b0db761b.jpg

And these are with the second baffle just set there. I still need to get it glued on and the port hole cut.

1ef11e1b.jpg

c33e3e40.jpg

254f6100.jpg

221fdad5.jpg

89974b24.jpg

05cbe66e.jpg

So all that's left is to do is get the second baffle glued in, cut the port hole on it, then glue the top peice on an that's it. I'm going to use bolts in the side of the box for terminals so I still have to do that but otherwise it's almost finished.

And I also got the tracking number for my amp kit, says it should be here by the 30th :D

Well the box is done other than needing to glue the top peice on. I'm actually thinking I'm going to pull all the screws on the front of the baffle and either countersink them and then use wood filler on top of the screw heads or just pull them out and fill the holes without the screws. I used wood glue so it should be fine, the screws were basically my clamps lol.

Anyway, on to the pictures!

Put a little round over on the port...wish I had a bigger round over bit though :glare:

b656175f.jpg

Grade 8 socket cap screws to hold the sub in :D

96a19818.jpg

74d40981.jpg

And here are the finished pics:

23f093cd.jpg

Looks so much better with a sub in it ;)

34f07c58.jpg

Love that flush mount!

740002eb.jpg

One final one

9256fbfa.jpg

Well that's it for now, I don't really have much left I can do till my wire comes in, so I'll more updates in a few days or so.

Turned out real good, man. You going to Perris tomorrow?

Thanks man! I'm hoping to be there tomorrow, but I'm not 100% sure. My wife had a photoshoot tomorrow in riverside and we were going I go to the show in the morning and then do the photoshoot afterward, but the lady is thinking of rescheduling the shoot cause the chance of rain tomorrow. If she cancels I probably won't make it. I think I still got your number, so if I do end up goin I'll shoot you a text.

How's your wall coming along? Have you hit 150 yet? Lol. On second thought, I'll just head over to your thread right now.

That box is siiiiick. Nice router skills bro. :drinks:

Thanks man!

Meh...my router skills could be better, I haven't used one that wasn't on a router table in a long time so it was kinda like re learning how to use it again. But thanks though!

Thanks man!

Meh...my router skills could be better, I haven't used one that wasn't on a router table in a long time so it was kinda like re learning how to use it again. But thanks though!

Bullshit. Guess who's cutting my baffle holes? LOL

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

Thanks man!

Bullshit. Guess who's cutting my baffle holes? LOL

Lmao, for the price of gas for you to get here you could buy yourself a plunge router and jasper to do it! But if you want I can do it :drinks:

Ok well my wire came in today, and I'm kinda disappointed in myself. It's the street wires zn1k-04 kit. It says it's true awg 4gauge and 100% OFC. Well it appears to be true 4gauge (a tad over 5mm is what I found online) and its nice wire, however...in a hurry to order it, I didn't realize it doesn't have speaker wire or rca's :glare:

So now I have to wait and find some rca's and some speaker wire before I can make any noise. Oh well that's what I get for not payin attention when I order shit lol.

Heres the pics of the kit:

532e8dd4.jpg

e8388b94.jpg

384efebd.jpg

The wire isn't as flexible as I thought it would be but that doesn't really bother me all that much.

I really wish I would have ordered a pair of those rca's that darvex was offering yesterday. Oh well :shrug:

that box looks beast man. Make sure to use that wood filler on the ouside so when u paint it will look that much better. But good progress. And that amp will have that lvl 2 movin real easy.

2 DC 12" lvl 4s

1 DC 1.2k

XS Power S3400

big 3

Alll KNU wire

Pioneer HU

cheapo Legacy coaxes (just for now)

dc-audio-you-should-get-there-is-no-try-just-do-thumb-1.jpg

Archived