Second Skin Audio

What About This Enclosure For A 2003 Tahoe

hi i have a 2003 tahoe i am currently running 2 18 treo ssx with 2 treo ssx 2000.1 on them.what is the best way to build a new enclosure.right now i have subs back and ports back.i am only doing a 147 with music i am wanting to break 150s.i have been told the best way would do subs up port back with a 200 sq inch port tuned to 35 hz here is link to my old setup http://www.radioactive12volt.com/gallery.htm go to tahoe. i have been told i dont have enough port area this was built by a local shop.i would really apperciate any help and ideas.thanks

Edited by hllywood

1st off, 147 aint bad at all if it was termlab. you could increase port surface area and tuning

and a good rule of thumb is for every 1cuft you need 12-16sqin of port surface area, thus, 4x16 = 64 (4cuft is what treo recommends)

thats 128sqin for the two which looks like it would be more than what you have in the pic now

whats the net cuft of the enclosure and tuning that u have now....?

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

not sure it was done at a local shop where i bought the subs.it was done on termlab on winshield sealed up.i have been told by treo to build a box that is 13 cubic ft internal with a 200 sq inch port tuned to 35 hz.subs up port back. i have never built and enclosure so just trying to figure out how to get a little more spl but i want to do it on music not burps.thanks

Edited by hllywood

ok, 4 cubes for an 18 is too small. try 6 - 8 or listen to treo and go 6 cubes.

just go to member builds check out some boxes some members made.

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

hi i have a 2003 tahoe i am currently running 2 18 treo ssx with 2 treo ssx 2000.1 on them.what is the best way to build a new enclosure.right now i have subs back and ports back.i am only doing a 147 with music i am wanting to break 150s.i have been told the best way would do subs up port back with a 200 sq inch port tuned to 35 hz here is link to my old setup http://www.radioactive12volt.com/gallery.htm go to tahoe. i have been told i dont have enough port area this was built by a local shop.i would really apperciate any help and ideas.thanks

Also, next time go with a single chamber port and much bigger, those subs should be hitting a bit more 147, it should be more around 155.