Second Skin Audio

new system advise--DD 3512s- or...?

im upgrading soon, 2 grand is my budget for now, i have a really crappy system now- 2 kicker comp c on a 750 zx kicker amp. my car is a saturn ion 3, i was hoping for some advise from a couple seasoned bass heads, i was leaning towards 2 dd 3512s on a 2500 watt amp most likely mtx just because i have one sitting around. custom ported box 4 cubic feet total 2 for ea sub. any input would be great on what would slam this little 2 door with 2 gs

DD drivers require 2.5 cubic feet and 40 square inches of port area per sub, if you don't have nearly the specified space better get other drivers if you do post your maximum dims.

oh i must of misread oops.. but my trunk space is 43'' wide 38.3'' tall and 21'' deep and i dont need anything eles in the trunk so space wont be a major problem if filling it with subs would be best by all means id do it. so space isnt a major problem just change $

DD drivers require 2.5 cubic feet and 40 square inches of port area per sub, if you don't have nearly the specified space better get other drivers if you do post your maximum dims.

618px-JeanLucPicardFacepalm.jpg

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

618px-JeanLucPicardFacepalm.jpg

im not sure who your shaking captn kirk head at haha... =/

Edited by scottam

Joe X. He pretty much just copies and pastes whatever he sees. Doesn't really understand what he's talking about.

He pretty much proved it in that statement right there.

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

I had 3512's in my chevelle @ 2.5 each and they loved it, may even have liked a little more space. If you decide to go that way, I just pulled mine out and will be putting them up for sale soon, FYI

1969 Chevy Chevelle

20/22" staggered Bonspeed Huntingtons wrapped in Nitto INVO's

Mechman 250amp cs144 alt w/AVBM

Kinetik 1800 main battery/Kinetik 2400 in the trunk

Pioneer AVH-3200dvd Headunit

(2) sets of Hybrid Audio Technologies Imagine components up front

(2) DD 3512's d4 coils

Sundown sax100.4 component amp

Sundown saz-3000d subwoofer amp

5ft^3 box tuned to 34hz

MY BUILD

Joe X. He pretty much just copies and pastes whatever he sees. Doesn't really understand what he's talking about.

He pretty much proved it in that statement right there.

ahhh haha ok good cuz im 95% sure its 2ft^3 per sub but what would you think about this system? should i go with something eles with my budget or am i on a good path for a good slammin system

I had 3512's in my chevelle @ 2.5 each and they loved it, may even have liked a little more space. If you decide to go that way, I just pulled mine out and will be putting them up for sale soon, FYI

i would but crazy as it seems id rather buy them brandnew i know its more money but thats just me. but im glad to hear that im always going back and froth on what to upgrade to