Mechman Alternators

New addition to my system

^^ Correct.

Use them both.

Connect your OEM wiring AND 1/0 cables directly from the alternator to the primary battery using the lugs provided. Improperly sized lugs can cause heat damage to the rectifier. Do not ground it to the engine, chassis or anything other than the battery negative.

why cant it be grounded to the chassis?

^^ Correct.

Use them both.

Connect your OEM wiring AND 1/0 cables directly from the alternator to the primary battery using the lugs provided. Improperly sized lugs can cause heat damage to the rectifier. Do not ground it to the engine, chassis or anything other than the battery negative.

why cant it be grounded to the chassis?

Because after it goes through the chassis, your stock ground wire connecting chassis to battery will burn up, or be the bottleneck in your electrical. Run alt - straight to batt -, he's not saying don't do an extra batt - to chassis ground, if that's what you're thinking.

The ground from the unit to the battery is to reduce ground resistance.

Simplest way to explain it is that you aren't charging your block, you are charging your battery, and the most direct connection possible will be the path of least resistance.

With the alternator directly grounded to the battery with 1/0 cable you will not need additional grounds to the engine other than the OEM.

You will want to add 1/0 grounds from your batteries to the chassis for your audio if you are grounding direct to chassis and not direct to the battery.

Yeah. Can definitely tell a difference. Before about 800 watts would dim the lights, but now its staying strong at about 14.2 volts.

Oh and when I'm ready to take the full 2000+ watts from my amp, would I need to run another power wire to the amp or would an extra charge line on the battery cover it?