Sonic Electronix

I have 2 12 in Memphis mojos with 2 hifonics 2000d's going to each. I noticed one sub wasn't working so I took it out and noticed the speaker one of the wires fell off inside the box and the rubber and plastic was melted off and black..what would cause this?

wire prolly got too hot?? i guess depends on what size wire, u may have been pushing too much power throught it and caused it to heat up and melt, likely to happen with ur other wire/s too. my .02

Feedback Thread: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/152368-littlebuck1919s-feedback/#entry2177586

i think you'd stick your dick in a blender if it told you it was 40 wtih two kids your age. lol

6/18/82 - 4/17/12

R.I.P. to my sister Shana

how big is the wire?

it could be too small wire or its shorted out a few strands.

Henry Ford once received a letter from a depression-era bank robber responsible for the deaths of several law enforcement officers, killed in their attempt to stop him as he fled the crime scene. In his letter, he thanked Mr. Ford for making his Model A Ford such a good getaway car.

I use 12g on my front speakers and 10g on my sub. If you're running 2000w at 14v you're able to run a max of 140A through your speaker wire. For that you need like 4AWG wire, but you're not running full-tilt all the time.

"Cheap, good or fast. You can only pick two out of three."

"Have money? Love story! No money? I'm sorry."