Second Skin Audio

Can i use win Isd to calculate port length on my box?

Hey guys whats up, this is my first time on this forum nice too meet everybody.

I was wondering if i use "win isd" can i use it to calculate my port length? Is it accurate?

does win isd calculate port displacement?

Cuz i can simply add my bracing displacment and sub displacment myself.

just iffy on the port displacement.

I made a box once before, I was shooting for 35-36 hz and got 29hz...

and for kicker if u tune it too ANYTHING lower than 35 hz my bandwith starts a STEEP dip above port tuning.

so basically when i was 29 hz tuning i only hit like 30-37hz.

anything above and output failed harddd, and it heated up quick.

so thats my reason why my port tuning has to be VERY accurate, cuz id like 35hz, but if i miss and land 36-39hz i dont care but if its any lower then my systems performance REALLY fails.

Oh shit i forgot to add my system stats.

Kicker solo x 18 x2 in a ford fuckus walled...

port at top with 260 sq inchs of port.

warhorse

4 kinetik 2400's

looking for the best quality alternator i can buy, not tooo worried bout price, i just need quality, due to the fact i can only add one alt to my car so it HAS to be good as it can POSSIBLY be...

Also im looking for output at idle, not max output. "for the alt"

=========================

Whats the item called that id buy if i wanting to increase my signal voltage"rca's"?

I heard with a stronger singnal that you can turn ur gain down lower, plus it adds to ur output on the same wattage, cuz the amp runs better when the gain doesnt have to be set so high.

is this true?!?!

around 19.5 cubes after sub displacment havnt added bracing displacment OR Port disp.

It's not going to calculate port diaplacement or take it into consideration. When you input your box volume and tuning, that's what it's using to figure the port length for whatever size port you choose. It's your job to find the displacement of the port/sub/bracing and add that to the volume you used to find the port length, and make it all work.

Ryan Miskin - owner of RAM Designs

I have my PM's turned off, please email at <script data-cfhash='f9e31' type="text/javascript"> /* */</script>

2200+ designs since March 2011...

Archived