the reason i ask that is because they said that sometimes running an NGK plug in those 5.3's will throw a code like that. Only run an Autolite or ACDelco plug.

Also could be the intake gasket going bad.. GM's are know for their amazingly junky intake gaskets.

tell me about it.i had to change the intake gasket on my malibu with the 3.1 last october and the person who owned it before me had it changed 4 years ago but used the cheaper all plastic gasket...smh...but back on topic in could also be the ignition control module going bad

also sometimes to check an injector you can use a multimeter to test the resistance of the injector.

92 Honda Prelude SI H23a3

HU: Alpine CDA-105

Front Stage: DB Drive PT6.0 6.5"

Rear Stage: Junk pioneers (Not sure what im wanting to do in the trunk, waiting)

Speaker Amp: DB Drive A4 4200

Sub Amp: MB Quart DSC1500.1

Subs: 2 12" MB Quart Premiums

Box: Slot port tuned to ~34hz

Wiring: Kicker Ultraflex 0awg and Big 3

Alt: Stock (saving for a 200amp Excessive Amperage)

Batteries: Optima Yellow Top and Stinger SPV44

Extra Equipment:

Two Rockford Fosgate T2 12's (Recones in future)

Kicker ZX1000.1

home_mbquart.jpg

Selling:

another thing you can do to test the injector is use a noid light to see if its working right or check the resistance of the injectors to see if there all the same

The noid light and resistance test is good for testing the electrical portion of an injector but for the mechanical part the only options are the pressure drop test and and physical inspection but pulling injectors on a whim is a pain in the ass, but good advice i forgot about it lol

yea we just went over this in my class like 2 weeks ago lol.

OP: i have access to all data and mitchell on demand if you need anything

2008 TahoeHU-PioneerMids/Highs amp- sundown 200.4Mids/Highs- hertz xls, hertz ml 700, audison voce tweetsAmp-2 AQ 3500sSubs-FI SP418sAlt-singer 350Big 3 1/0

a1c59399-4196-4eaa-b853-46c1480ed3ab.jpg

Build Log

UBL My YouTube channel

one way to test the intake gasket is to spray brake cleaner or some other flammable liquid around that part of the intake manifold and see if there is a change in idle or not, but that test is hit or miss cuz if the leaks in the bottom side u cant spray it, but if the plug was a little oily when removed it would almost confirm the intake gasket. either that or bad rings or a valve seal

Without seeing a scanner and looking at a data stream is damn near impossible to fix these newer cars over a thread. Your best bet is to sped the money on a diagnoses... Possible injector and also the intake gaskets are known to leak and suck a little air. FYI when the check engine light is flashing its not real safe to drive could damage other things...

Oh don't forget the plug wire

x2...if the CEL is flashing from a misfire code it normally means its missing so bad unburned raw gas is leaking into your converter

another thing you can do to test the injector is use a noid light to see if its working right or check the resistance of the injectors to see if there all the same

The noid light and resistance test is good for testing the electrical portion of an injector but for the mechanical part the only options are the pressure drop test and and physical inspection but pulling injectors on a whim is a pain in the ass, but good advice i forgot about it lol

yea we just went over this in my class like 2 weeks ago lol.

OP: i have access to all data and mitchell on demand if you need anything

What is all data and mitcell on demand?

Archived