Second Skin Audio

Box i just got. but idk...

What do those subs require for airspace...but regardless you should get a bigger port. The "rule of thumb" is about 14-16 in^2 per cubic ft of net volume. So your at about half the port area of where you should be.

MTX site for ported is Min. 2.4 each, can a port be just simply a square hole? rather than to tunnel ? whats the pros an cons

im going for spl first time .

"Walmart Where Car Audio Is Both Funny and Sad" "The weak are meat, and the strong do eat..."

I bet you paid out the ass for a box that size too..

iirc your box tuned at 33ish hz means it plays tones at 33hz and up. anything below that is mostly movement and vibration rather than sound. I like my boxes tuned to 33.55 if im being picky. as your port yeah it does look tiny but i mean it is pretty short so air doesnt have much to go.

boxes are pretty damn complicated when you get into technicalities and 4th orders and all that crazy stuff atleast it is for me.

if you dont like how it sounds build a new one with a bigger port so more air can flow easier yet keep the same tuning.

id suggest asking one of these guys here to design you one. or just do what is recommended on your manual from what I have done you cant go wrong there

I bet you paid out the ass for a box that size too..

Paid 200 for it materials an all , like i said im not good with wood :P . who would be the best person to ask?

"Walmart Where Car Audio Is Both Funny and Sad" "The weak are meat, and the strong do eat..."

2.4?? That box is way too big! So you need 4.8cubes after displacements and right now your at like 8 cubes after displacements...def need to build another box. And I would take it back to the shop who built it "to sub specs" for you and shove it up their ass. Lol

That port might be the right size IF it were in the proper size box.

Edit, oh and yes the port needs to be a "tunnel" not just a hole in the box.

Edited by sprkn_ranger

2.4?? That box is way too big! So you need 4.8cubes after displacements and right now your at like 8 cubes after displacements...def need to build another box. And I would take it back to the shop who built it "to sub specs" for you and shove it up their ass. Lol

That port might be the right size IF it were in the proper size box.

Edit, oh and yes the port needs to be a "tunnel" not just a hole in the box.

after i ran the numbers for size i was thinking it was to big too, but he said that MTX (he called i guess) said thats what it needed for a double sub box

2.4?? That box is way too big! So you need 4.8cubes after displacements and right now your at like 8 cubes after displacements...def need to build another box. And I would take it back to the shop who built it "to sub specs" for you and shove it up their ass. Lol That port might be the right size IF it were in the proper size box. Edit, oh and yes the port needs to be a "tunnel" not just a hole in the box.
after i ran the numbers for size i was thinking it was to big too, but he said that MTX (he called i guess) said thats what it needed for a double sub box

Take it back, make them build you another for free :)

Check out my build log:

http://www.stevemead...60#entry1958353

Different folks have different strokes.

if youre going to spl your set ups gonna be totally different. tuned higher like 42hz ive even seen 62hz. I think youre just trying to be loud but still enjoy listening to music

yes an no . i want it to basically make everyone uncomfortable in and around my truck lol.

i got this blazer to do so an only for this. i have 80sq of mat to put in an a lot of mid of highs to do . but for now just tooling with the box an subs

2.4?? That box is way too big! So you need 4.8cubes after displacements and right now your at like 8 cubes after displacements...def need to build another box. And I would take it back to the shop who built it "to sub specs" for you and shove it up their ass. Lol That port might be the right size IF it were in the proper size box. Edit, oh and yes the port needs to be a "tunnel" not just a hole in the box.

Take it back, make them build you another for free :)

i think i will ask someone here to design one for me. 42hz hmm :) well at least i will possibly mod. this one an see what it bring to the table

Idk why MTX would tell him that if their website or whatever calls for something else. If I were you I'd call MTX and see what they say and then when they tell you to put them in a box half as big as the one you have, go to that shop and pressure them into making it right for you. $200 bucks is a lot for something that isn't right. Looks like they just threw it together too. Give them the box back an get your money back and build it yourself.