Second Skin Audio

Walled Questions

So ill be building the box in the car...obviously.

First step is bolt the floor to the frame of the car

then put in the walls then the roof, then the face plate.

Next or before face plate is to fiber glass the inside and silicon the edges in the box.

Then spray the foam around the edges of the box to seal off the wall.

My question is do i just spay the foam, and it will bond the box to the ceiling/side panels in my car?

After this i just add trim panels to make it look pretty.

Am i right here?

Edited by SlamminBeats

How sad is this? i just got my DD 9518, and im already wanting to wall 2 of these.

First off, 4k rms in a wall stupid? as in not enough power?

Second, how much in material on average does a wall cost, i just spent 300 to get my box made, so would it be more than that?

Third, i know how to seal a wall, but how to you make it look clean, like make the box and b pillar per say blend nicely?

Thanks!!

Glass and paint usually makes them blend real nice. I've been following Ryan Blaser's 300 build on YT like crazy and he is a prime example of that. a21bravo is his user name. Or there is a build log on here of a guy whose username is Aaron. Justin Yeo is building his wall and doing the glass method and its pretty sick. I don't think 4kw is stupid. One build on here, can't remember whose at the moment, is using 2 dc 2ks and it was putting up some damn good numbers.

TEAM DC

Everything is a 150 on th earometer

Well I guess punching a woman is a good way to test your strength! You never know how strong you are until you cold-cock a woman in the head and break that bitches jaw.

Next time she tries to punch you in the stomach, whip your wiener out and chase her around. Show her who's boss.

Well I'll give you an example of what is going into my wall, 6 sheets of birch plywood at around 45 bucks a sheet, 2 to 3 gallons of fiberglass resin at around 25 bucks a gallon, chop mat, not sure I have giant rolls of it, probably 15 10 foot 2x4's , tons of sand paper, bondo, paint, hmm probably around 400. I just got the design done so I haven't made a true materials list yet. I hope this helps and I'd look at a little more then 4k.

Well I'll give you an example of what is going into my wall, 6 sheets of birch plywood at around 45 bucks a sheet, 2 to 3 gallons of fiberglass resin at around 25 bucks a gallon, chop mat, not sure I have giant rolls of it, probably 15 10 foot 2x4's , tons of sand paper, bondo, paint, hmm probably around 400. I just got the design done so I haven't made a true materials list yet. I hope this helps and I'd look at a little more then 4k.

Says the dude with 4kw rated of Polk amps :D

TEAM DC

Everything is a 150 on th earometer

Well I guess punching a woman is a good way to test your strength! You never know how strong you are until you cold-cock a woman in the head and break that bitches jaw.

Next time she tries to punch you in the stomach, whip your wiener out and chase her around. Show her who's boss.

yea 400 isnt too bad, shit id spend 500 on making the box, and making it look "pretty"

edit when i say box, i mean everything to make the wall.

Edited by SlamminBeats

• 3 weeks later...

I know my wall is nowhere near perfect but yeaa.

You gotta figure out what kind of wall you want and what kind of wall your vehicle will let you build.

b piller walls are sick but i couldnt do that in my car because i wouldnt have been able to move the seat back to a comfy driving position.

First i started with the floor of it.

Pulled out the seats seatbelts ,brackets, cpillar trim, rear deck trim ect..

Then i had to make a level surface for the floor of the box to lay on with 2x4.

I put 90degree brackets on the 2x4 into the chassis / frame of the car to hold it in while bumpin.

After that i laid down my bull ish particle board and screwed it in to the 2x4 base .

I then used the 2x4 to frame or make a base for the back of the box. put in 90's and so on screwed it in.

The fun part.

I built the frame for the top sides and face all at the same time

Installed the top first then sides then face.

it takes alot of time and planning out.

5k electronics in westland bbuild some sick looking walls.

as for making it pretty they told me to use this stuff

http://www.yarnivore.com/francis/archives/images/cardboard.jpg

Cut it in half or 1/4s to have a nice curve to glass over for a nice roofline trim piece.

I need to figure out how to make it pretty because thats the step im going to be at after my subs get here.

I need a port tune and faceplates then its time for cosmetics.

Walled 2002 buick century A.K.A "Betty sue"

polk 5 1/2 front doors

4 3in pillar speakers

DD 3518's

AQ 3500 v2

90ft of 0/1 ga

tuned to 40hz

:build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/162721-buick-built-in-trunk-fi-sp4-hifonics-2400/