I have my 350 in right now, and I've had it completely rebuilt and blueprinted with all new chrome everything and popped on a 4-bbl performance edelbrock carb.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what I can add to bring up the horses some? The BHP is 425, but actual HP is calculated around 418hp as-is.

I want to be able to do something on the cheaper side, not getting a ton of expensive parts. So far its got the headers and straight pipes (ridiculous) as well as the new carb.

I was thinking about new cylinder heads and vavle train? Anyone done this before? Any ideas are good, but the cheaper the better.

Biomedical/Behavioral Science Major, The (Self-Proclaimed) Undisputed-Homemade-Woofer-King

Super-Neodymium-Woofer Build Log: The D4BA-V.2 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169236-diy-super-neodymium-woofer-build-log/?p=2475620

Fucking love Alan you goddamned fucking super nerd lol

When Alan uses big words I don't understand

It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out.

Everytime I see a guy driving a mini cooper I cant help but think he loves cock & (2/29/16)-My wife just bitched at me about throwing out things we don't really use. My response of well we don't really use your vagina so should we throw that out was evidently not the right response. I had to leave the room.

I missed Alan.

RIP 5/29/15 - I love you son.

the first step for a big HP upgrade would be heads........but if you do heads then a cam is a good idea too

this can add up eally quick though

i would almost try to find a set of VORTEC heads off a 350 and have them machined to fit your block

bolting them on ive seen 60-80HP gains

it all comes down to money "how fast can you afford to go???"

I hope this helps ya out

Do heads/cam first, then port n polish intake, then bigger carb, these should land you in the 550-600 BHP range ( 450-480 WHP), then after that its all about internal reworkings!

Pioneer AVH480

Zapco ST5XII amplifier

Stevens Audio 6.5" components (passive)

Onyx Subwoofer

Sky High OFC wiring

dont forget a bigger fuel pump and injectors.. thats going to make whatever gains you see bigger. cant choke an engine on gas and try to do huge hp gains

The IrishmanDCSig.jpgCheck out my build hereXL 4th order wall build logIn Progress:alpine cda HU4th order Bandpass2xl 15's1- ab 400.1 (gonna be two hopefully)4- Crescendo 8's2- xts crecendo supertweeters

2 sq super tweetsMb quart 4.125Mechman 270a alt1- xs D27003- xs XP3000

4- odessey pc1700seller feed back threadhttp://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/136418-d-train-13k/

You say 425 horse already that's not a stock 350..it must already have heads or a cam..go with. some nice 23deg airflow research ,dart,brodix..plus a nice roller cam.step up to a holley carb and god distributor etc....looka at jegs ,summit for parts etc

TEAM DC AUDIO

VEHICLE:98 chevy tahoe 2wd 3-4 drop

HEADUNIT:alpine 9886

PREAMP:arcaudio

FRONT STAGE:4-6 1/2s selinium,DD component set and 4-selinium tweeters in each door

KICKPANELS:jl audio 5 1/4

REAR DOORS: dd components 6 1/2s

HIGHS AMPS:zapco 750.2 on front doors,zapco an another 750.2 on kicks and rear doors

SUBS:4-ascendant audio 18s with 5 spiders in a custom box built by KINGSUV

SUB AMP: 2-dc7.5s

ALTERNATORS: 3-mechmans 1- 425comp, 1-smd spec350, 1-270 with adj voltage harness on custom dc bracket

WIRE:10-runs 0g front to back

BATTERIES:6-d1400s

TL results:157.1 at 38hz and 156.8 at headrest score @37hz. STATE AND NATIONAL RECORD IN MECA S5.

That and I just literally put in a new gas tank yesterday with bigger opening and a new sending unit and fuel pump. All chrome tank.

Biomedical/Behavioral Science Major, The (Self-Proclaimed) Undisputed-Homemade-Woofer-King

Super-Neodymium-Woofer Build Log: The D4BA-V.2 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169236-diy-super-neodymium-woofer-build-log/?p=2475620

It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out.

Everytime I see a guy driving a mini cooper I cant help but think he loves cock & (2/29/16)-My wife just bitched at me about throwing out things we don't really use. My response of well we don't really use your vagina so should we throw that out was evidently not the right response. I had to leave the room.

I missed Alan.

the first step for a big HP upgrade would be heads........but if you do heads then a cam is a good idea too

this can add up eally quick though

i would almost try to find a set of VORTEC heads off a 350 and have them machined to fit your block

bolting them on ive seen 60-80HP gains

it all comes down to money "how fast can you afford to go???"

I hope this helps ya out

I hear alot about heads but alot of different opinions. Some people say its better to get all aluminum to lower weight and improve performance, but then other people say Iron cast ones are better. And then a bunch of people say sending out the current ones to get polished and ported for the best.

It seems to me like getting aluminum ones would be the best for HP and wieght, but is probably more expensive?? Anyone know about it?

I missed Alan.

Archived