Second Skin Audio

Weird clicking noise coming from subwoofer

DylanH

Alright so I just picked up this 15. Its for a temp system its a Planet Audio Big Bang 15. Well I just got it in and now when it plays it makes this click noise. It basically sounds like the dust cap is loose. But it seems to be on there fine.

Edit:Anyone have any ideas on what it could be? Or what to check? It does it at any volume in or out of the box. But if I put a little bit of pressure on the cap. Like all I have to do is put my hand on it and barely touch it. I can't hear the noise.

http://www.youtube.c...er/SmallTownSPL

2002 Chevy Blazer

Substage: Shhh, its a secret ;)

Mids and Highs: Stock-Going to change soon

Amp:MTX 92001

Wire:1/0 Welding cable

Electrical:Stock

http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1

I hope she was meaning that to you. Any who.... You dont say you wanna have dinner in the first damn post. talk to her first. I say find out if the status was torwards you..

Here try this...

"Hey hows it going :)( notice smiley face makes everything better ) I saw your status. "You are far from usual".... So is my dick... Wanna Fuck tommorow???"

Or send her message saying "hey" she replies back "hey" when this happens reply Wanna fuck (INSERT ADDRESS HERE)

Quote of the SPL Creed ; back in the day my girlfriend gave me a choice between her and my love for car audio, I told that bitch I've made harder decisions at the Coke machine. :)

Both coils read 4 ohms on the dot. When wired checked it with a dmm and it read 2 ohms like it supposed to. Not sure what to check. I shook the sub a little just to see if I could hear anything rattling didn't hear a thing. When I push on the cone a little it doesn't make a sound. I'm running out of ideas.

2002 Chevy Blazer

I hope she was meaning that to you. Any who.... You dont say you wanna have dinner in the first damn post. talk to her first. I say find out if the status was torwards you..

Here try this...

"Hey hows it going :)( notice smiley face makes everything better ) I saw your status. "You are far from usual".... So is my dick... Wanna Fuck tommorow???"

Or send her message saying "hey" she replies back "hey" when this happens reply Wanna fuck (INSERT ADDRESS HERE)

Quote of the SPL Creed ; back in the day my girlfriend gave me a choice between her and my love for car audio, I told that bitch I've made harder decisions at the Coke machine. :)

Anyone have some ideas?

2002 Chevy Blazer

Here try this...

had the same exact problem with my subs when I put em in last week man I was like wtf is goin on because everything seemed fine and it wasn't any of the problems like you listed....It was actually because my subs were leaking air because they didn't have an airtight seal...Try what I did and tape off all around your sub and see if the noise stops if it does then you just need to seal it better which I did by takin the subs out, putting weather stripping down, and puttin em back in

Yea probly air leak.....................

• Minivanfromhell -- Proud Member of Shut It Down Boyz & GEORGIA CAR AUDIO

Pioneer DEH-3400-UB

Vega 65 cs & 1" tweets & T3 4" coax in Front

1- Dual 300 with an AQ sticker

2-AQ sdc2.5 12's

1- AQ 1200D.1

Monster Cable RCA's

Monster Cable 4-awg

Custom 4 th order box ( by DBC )

Crescendo FT1's in rear- 1/0 Big Three

Opti Blue top in back for Mono Amp

Stinger Power dis. block

125 amp breaker at front batt.

Stock Alt.

Not an air leek.

I had this same exact problem on my 2nd RE audio XXX.

Your tinsels inside of the spiders are arching.

To test and prove this,

Pull the sub out and free air it, watch the spider for sparks/arching

Keep me updated

'08 Chevy Cobalt coupe 2.2 base model trunk build:

2 9512iSC flatwound alum 1.5 coils

-extra 9500 spider pack

-8" platinum carbon dustcaps

1 DD Z1 (.375ohm nominally daily)

3g31 AGM

320a Ohio Gen alt

1 DD S4 4 channel

4 VO-M8v1's (holes cut for 3rd pair)

2 CS 6.5's

2 VO-B1's

Sony XAV-601BT

all Knu Krystal RCA's

Cadence 7band EQ

148.3db @ 32hz (burp)

148.4 @ 37 & 38hz (burp)

146.xdb 90sec average (center windshield)

It may be the tinsel leads hitting the bottom of the cone, this makes a snapping sound when playing but won't make any noise when pushing the cone in or when shaking it. pull the sub out and look at the leads if they are not sown in they maybe the culprit.

Tinsel slap..........i forgot about that, I had a REsex 12 that did that.............never seen the arcing at the spyder before, but i'm sure it could happen..........

• Minivanfromhell -- Proud Member of Shut It Down Boyz & GEORGIA CAR AUDIO

Pioneer DEH-3400-UB

Vega 65 cs & 1" tweets & T3 4" coax in Front

1- Dual 300 with an AQ sticker

2-AQ sdc2.5 12's

1- AQ 1200D.1

Monster Cable RCA's

Monster Cable 4-awg

Custom 4 th order box ( by DBC )

Crescendo FT1's in rear- 1/0 Big Three

Opti Blue top in back for Mono Amp

Stinger Power dis. block