Second Battery Wiring

I'm going to be installing a second battery this weekend and i just wanted to clarify some conflicting opinions or facts i have read here on the forums about wiring two batteries together. Is it absolutely necessary to add a ground wire to the rear chassis from the rear battery if the two batteries are wired parallel? Some threads suggested to add another ground from the second battery to the rear chassis to minimize voltage drop while others have said it isn't necessary. I have a 2000 Honda Accord and I have an Optima Yellow Top upfront and will be adding another in my trunk where the spare tire is. I have a T1500-1bdcp and i just ordered a T400-4 powered by a MechMan 220a with big 3 upgrade done in 1/0ga. Any help or advice is appreciated. Thanks.

Headunit - Alpine 9857

Mids & Highs - T165,T1692

Mids & Highs Amp - T400-4

Subs - 2 12" DC Audio Level 3 M2s

Sub Amp - T1500-1bdcp

Alternator - MechMan 220a

Wiring - 1/0ga XS Power

Batteries - 2 Optima Yellow Tops

Read the fucking manual. Jesus Christ.

I dunno about that Steve...

Chuck Norris doesnt even do push-ups, he just pushes the earth down.

Bump

Headunit - Alpine 9857

Sub Amp - T1500-1bdcp

Wiring - 1/0ga XS Power

you have to have it grounded one way or another, either a run from the front batt or from the rear batt to the chassis. if you have a run from the front battery then a chassis ground isnt gonna help anything wired directly to the batteries its just gonna help anything thats grounded to the chassis

you have to have it grounded one way or another, either a run from the front batt or from the rear batt to the chassis. if you have a run from the front battery then a chassis ground isnt gonna help anything wired directly to the batteries its just gonna help anything thats grounded to the chassis

Thanks for the reply. The only thing I have grounded in the rear is my amps and it.s a good ground so I should be ok with just the negative run from the front battery.

Headunit - Alpine 9857

Sub Amp - T1500-1bdcp

Wiring - 1/0ga XS Power

NP man. honestly id run the amp grounds to the battery its a more direct route, and less resistance. chassis grounds used to be great b4 these new alloys and/or the rust and corrosion of older cars, now you cant really beat a copper ground

NP man. honestly id run the amp grounds to the battery its a more direct route, and less resistance. chassis grounds used to be great b4 these new alloys and/or the rust and corrosion of older cars, now you cant really beat a copper ground

so just ground my amps directly to the rear battery? i always thought you should ground amps to the chassis or frame because that would require the shortest length of ground wire.

Headunit - Alpine 9857

Sub Amp - T1500-1bdcp

Wiring - 1/0ga XS Power

so just ground my amps directly to the rear battery? i always thought you should ground amps to the chassis or frame because that would require the shortest length of ground wire.

You need the shortest wire for the (-) since the electricity will be flowing through the wire AND the chasis. If you run a wire to the battery, it's only running through the wire.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

You need the shortest wire for the (-) since the electricity will be flowing through the wire AND the chasis. If you run a wire to the battery, it's only running through the wire.

^he beat me to it lol

ok cool. i have a better understanding of how grounding works now. thanks so much guys for your help and advice.

Headunit - Alpine 9857

Sub Amp - T1500-1bdcp

Wiring - 1/0ga XS Power