Rebel4055 Posted March 25, 2012 Report Posted March 25, 2012 I bought that 125 feet of cadence speaker wire awhile back and always wondered if it was true AWG?? Can anyone chime in? Rest In Peace mother. January 22, 1955 - February 14, 2013 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/user/35351-megrch/
Brandonrcm Posted March 25, 2012 Report Posted March 25, 2012 I bought the same stuff, finally going to be using it tomorrow. I read somewhere on here that it was a little less then 14 gauge but more then 16 iirc
Rebel4055 Posted March 25, 2012 Author Report Posted March 25, 2012 I kinda figured that. I noticed their "4 gauge" is on the smaller side too. You think I'll be safe running that wire on just a couple door speakers? Rest In Peace mother. January 22, 1955 - February 14, 2013 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/user/35351-megrch/
Brandonrcm Posted March 25, 2012 Report Posted March 25, 2012 I think it would be fine, I just grabbed a piece of it right now and cut it, seems like it would be perfect for some door speakers. I think all their wires a bit undersized, I have some of their 4 gauge sitting here aswell and its a bit smaller. I'm plan on using that wire for my door speakers tomorrow once I wire them up.
BeAlLsTaR13 Posted March 25, 2012 Report Posted March 25, 2012 Id say closer to 16, which if your running about 100w rms or so to a set of speakers it'll hold up just well..wouldn't wire subs with it though. I ordered the 125ft for my friends build I'm doing for his door speakers to his mbquart 125.4 Team Sundown Audio**CURRENT** -- 2012 Scion tC Build Click Here **OLD** -- 2002 Pontiac Grand AM Build Click Herecheck them out, slap me a comment2002 Pontiac Grand AM SE 2.2l 4 cylinder ecotec.-------------------------------------------------------------------Head Unit - Alpine CDA-9887Subs - 2x Z 12 v.2s - v.3 + NS Soft partsAmplifier - Sundown Audio SAZ-3500DEnclosure - 3.33 Cubes tuned to 34.66hzFront Stage - JBL P660c 6.5" ComponentsRear Deck - Powerbass 4xl 6.5" Mid-RangeFront Stage Amplifier - Sundown Audio SAX-100.4DWires - Kicker Hyperflex 1/0, KnuKonceptz 1/0, Knu 4 and 8 Gauge, Kicker RCAsElectrical - 275 AMP DC Power H/O Alternator, XS Power S3400, XS Power D2700Videos - http://www.youtube.com/user/BeAILsTaR13-------------------------------------------------------------------
Rebel4055 Posted March 25, 2012 Author Report Posted March 25, 2012 Thanks. I just have a kicker 350.4 Don't plan on going nuts. Don't want to tear apart the truck. Rest In Peace mother. January 22, 1955 - February 14, 2013 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/user/35351-megrch/
n8ball2013 Posted March 25, 2012 Report Posted March 25, 2012 you'll be fine. you'd be amazed at how well your speaker wire holds up. I think Im actually using that in my doors as well. THERE IS NO BUILD LOG! 1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab Alpine CDA-9887 4 Team Fi 15s 2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0 2 Ampere Audio 150.4 3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound! 8 XS Power d3400 6 XS power d680 Second Skin Stinger Tsunami Wiring Sky High A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.