Second Skin Audio

Amateur Box painter (Need help)

Yessir. You can go with the cheap-o primer, just don't skimp out on the spray paint. I use the rust-o-leum bed liner spray, works wonders and it's durable as hell. For regular spray paint, I'd recommend krylon or rust-o-leum.

My name is AdamThis is my Civic Build.7" Samsung Tab 2Kenwood KDC-X896Clarion EQS746Sundown X-15DC 3.5k @2ohmHatersGonnaHate's 02 Civic UBLELD Bypass for Honda Civic/Accord/FitDon's Jeep Grand Cherokee Rebuild

N8ball2013 - i think you'd stick your dick in a blender if it told you it was 40 wtih two kids your age. lol

srp365 - If posting were picking up bitches, I'd be going home single tonight

looks like tony montana sneezed in your car.

VbjgkeI.jpg

kNsESzw.jpg

also been wondering what kind of paint is best to use?

It really just depends on how you want the finish to look.

My name is AdamThis is my Civic Build.7" Samsung Tab 2Kenwood KDC-X896Clarion EQS746Sundown X-15DC 3.5k @2ohmHatersGonnaHate's 02 Civic UBLELD Bypass for Honda Civic/Accord/FitDon's Jeep Grand Cherokee Rebuild

N8ball2013 - i think you'd stick your dick in a blender if it told you it was 40 wtih two kids your age. lol

VbjgkeI.jpg

kNsESzw.jpg

Why bother with a primer?! You are not going to have any adhesion problems with wood in a car and certainly don't need it as a corrosion inhibitor because it doesn't rust.

Fill your holes and make it pretty then paint the shit outa it over and over until you reach a desired product. Don't over apply and cause the paint to run. Many light layers will adhere better and have a more uniform finish.

-Drew

detail.gifI am a United States Military Arts and Crafts Professional. Sand it off, Paint it on. detail.gif

uhoh_45 said:
dont be a pussy P give the jeep to drew

I've had problems with adhesion on my older boxes, and that was just paint with no primer. Since I started using the primer again, I haven't had any problems with it sticking. So I just do it for the hell of it. And the fact that I have like 13 cases of primer in my shed, might as well get rid of the shit lol

Oh an the rust-o-leum isn't just for metals, they've got it for wood and plastic too, so not all of it has rust inhibitors ;)

Edited by HatersGonnaHate

VbjgkeI.jpg

kNsESzw.jpg

Get a variety pack of sandpaper.... 120 grit, 240 grit, and 320 grit should be all you need. But yea, your list looks good to start off with.

VbjgkeI.jpg

kNsESzw.jpg

sounds about right, be careful counter sinking your screws, you know how mdf is..

explain yourself

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

- 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz

current build

97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0