Deck

Guest Nismofreak

I will personally say that I have an x991 that is going in my truck. I've always been a huge alpine fan..until the 07 line.

I can't speak for the current line up, but when I purchased mine, I was doing a comparison between Kenwood and Alpine. When doing this comparison, I noticed that Alpine removed a ton of features from their decks (EQ's, DSP, Crossover..etc). Yet kenwood still had them. So until Alpine is willing to bring those features back, I jumped ship.

EDIT:

I'm just picking on the 9886 due to that is what is being talked about, but it looks like my statement above still holds true. Why should I have to purchase an additional processor to get some basic functionality that alpine used to be known for? lol

Sound Tuning

• IMPRINT: IMPRINT Sound System Ready (PXA-H100 Required)

• Equalizer: 5 Band Graphic / 7 Band Parametric Equilizer Ready (PXA-H100 Required)

• Time Correction: 6 Channel Time Correction Ready (PXA-H100 Required)

• MediaXpander: MediaXpander Ready (PXA-H100 Required)

•MediaXpander Modes: FM, CD, XM, MP3, (Level 1, 2, 3, Off), DVD Video (Level 1, 2, Off), DVD Music (Level 1, Off), (PXA-H100 Required)

Edited by str86diesel

2k6 Dodge Ram 2500...CUMMINS POWERED - SOLD

Guest Nismofreak

Yah I am getting imprint when it comes out. Naw I don't need the 9887. I am not a sq guy but a sql guy

I don't really need time correction. My buddy has the 9887 with imprint. I was like wow that is a clean that is why I am getting imprint when it comes out for the 9886 since its 08 line. Lets see how different it is lol...HAHA

Edited by Nismofreak