Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Ported or bandpass


Dax

Ported or Bandpass?  

35 members have voted

  1. 1. Ported or Bandpass?



Recommended Posts

Posted

So from what I'm reading my EBP of my woofer is 69.x so it wouldn't like a 4th order?

My old YouTube channel : http://www.youtube.com/user/SwordLords1234?feature=mhee

My old build log : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/161872-96-accord-b2-sundown-sky-high-dc-power-re-re-build-for-heatwave/page-37

My New Build - http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/207041-2016-mazda-6-sql-build/

2016 Mazda 6 Touring

JL Fix 86 - OEM signal correction

B2 prototype DSP 6to8

B2 Ref63 - 3 way active set

2 B2 Class H quattro's

1 B2 Zero.5R @.5

2 B2 HNv3 12 d2

B2 SLIP40 - Lithium in the trunk

Northstar Group 35 under the hood

100ft 2/0 welding cable

30ft 4ga welding cable

20ft 8ga welding cable

All stinger OFC speaker wire

Soundrive custom RCA's

Tons of attention to detail.... Can it be perfect?

Posted

ahhhhhhhhh thanx a million yeah i didnt I know if bandpass could dip in range because of how they're so finely tuned to hit a certain frequency but that's what I was hoping for because the one I was building is looking to have about 47 hz just based upon math.... so just so I'm clear are you saying that one tuned to 50 hz could play good from 35 to say 65 hz? because like I said I've heard that they're made to hit a more precise note so maybe that just means that the range is shorter than a ported box, while still sweeping alil?

Posted

or maybe ive misinterpreted what ive read and ported has a narrower range and thats why bandpass is tuned at a higher frequency bcuz it can dip lower whatever the case it clarified it somewhat for me as far as my build is concern going with 50 Hertz now thanx smd forum! lol

Posted

ok just double check what I read and I did read it right it says bandpass boxes have a narrower range of frequencies than ported boxes, so like I said I was not sure if that was true or not and I was basing my build off of that trying to hit a certain frequency that I like but like I said now I'm going with a higher frequency and trusting 321slapinbass lol

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 4619 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...