thanks mrd6 im gunna take some pics of the mounting area and send them in to the companies see if they can figure somethin out. only thing that sucks is i dont really wanna be spendin 6-7 bones on an alt. i was hoping for more in the 450 range. but we get what we pay for. im assumin they made a custom housing for yours, what was it cost to you if you dont mind me askin?

my 350 amp singer was in that price range

Used to have a loud truck

2009 Corvette Z06, H/C/I, 150 shot, g force tune, 730rwhp/690rwtq

2013 F-150 limited, MPT Tune, leveled on 35"s

ok so going off of advice i found a xs D3100 for a decent price, its saying that it can support 4-5kw systems and would replace my stock battery. anyone think this will work or still use a batt bank in the rear. i only have room for one battery in the rear so i might be good getting 2 of these. but honestly im not lookin to go out n compete and will only be blasting in on occasions so do i really need all that extra reserve power?? any input is appreciated

http://www.audiosavings.com/products/Car-Battery-and-Power-Cells/XS-Power-D3100-5000-Amp-AGM-Power-Cell-Car-Audio-Battery--Terminal-Hardware/D3100.aspx

okay for 5 thousand watts rms, i think your past the "blasting on occasions" part.

sure it will work with a HO alt and a d3100 under the hood.. but enjoy your 20-30 seconds of "blasting"

for a little car i would imagine that they would offer somewhere around a 200 amp alt in your price range.

since you can fit a D3100 under the hood, i think a D3100 in the back and 2 runs of 1/0 pos and 2 runs of 1/0 neg should keep you around the 13V area.

09 Civic EX

KDC-X395

(2) SKAR Audio VVX-12

Skar Audio SK-1500.1

4 cu ft @32 (new box and more port soon)

Firing Forward not sealed off

Stock 80 Amp Alt

Big 3 In 1/0 Knu

2 Runs To The Back 1 Pos 1 Neg In 1/0 Knu

DD-1'd 13.8v drop

okay for 5 thousand watts rms, i think your past the "blasting on occasions" part.

sure it will work with a HO alt and a d3100 under the hood.. but enjoy your 20-30 seconds of "blasting"

for a little car i would imagine that they would offer somewhere around a 200 amp alt in your price range.

since you can fit a D3100 under the hood, i think a D3100 in the back and 2 runs of 1/0 pos and 2 runs of 1/0 neg should keep you around the 13V area.

just did measurements and the D3100 will fit perfectly up front. i see what you mean tho with adding a second battery running it parallel the only thing that concerns me is having the alt charge up two of these batts. i dont wanna strain the alt too much. input taken into account

this is where my knowledge stops, but i think the next step besides a new alt is something like a batt isolator kit.

could be wrong.

09 Civic EX

KDC-X395

(2) SKAR Audio VVX-12

Skar Audio SK-1500.1

Stock 80 Amp Alt

Big 3 In 1/0 Knu

DD-1'd 13.8v drop

if 450 is your price range i think you should REALLY try out singer alternators.

he will email you a quote within 1-2 days and is very reasonable about the price for a unit.

and then take 4 weeks to get your alt...

04 dodge dakota ext cab 4x4

excessive amperage 300 amp alt with MONSTER stud =)sundown z v3 15 in a 4th order on aq2200sundown 100.4 2 way active...2 Prv audio 6mb200 & 2 re XXX tweetersdeka intimidatorkenwood x396big 3 1/0 knu wire back to deka intimidator

if 450 is your price range i think you should REALLY try out singer alternators.

he will email you a quote within 1-2 days and is very reasonable about the price for a unit.

and then take 4 weeks to get your alt...

hope you realize other places take much longer.

but many factors come in to making alts Tebo.

your 4 weeks may take him 2 days.

your alt is not his alt.

09 Civic EX

KDC-X395

(2) SKAR Audio VVX-12

Skar Audio SK-1500.1

Stock 80 Amp Alt

Big 3 In 1/0 Knu

DD-1'd 13.8v drop

this is where my knowledge stops, but i think the next step besides a new alt is something like a batt isolator kit.

could be wrong.

Don't need a isolator.

The alt will be fine with 2 batteries.

Edited by Rebel4055

Rest In Peace mother.

January 22, 1955 - February 14, 2013

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/user/35351-megrch/