1994 Ford F350 CC Build- Stalled out for a bit! Sorry!

Thanks guys! I appreciate all the compliments. It means a lot!

Unfortunately I have to take the 2500 out. It's making some serious noises and I think it's defective. Terrible rattling, and there's the noise from an internal fan (I'm assuming) that sounds like an airplane when I first turn it on in the morning. Just not going to work for me. SO I'm going to email them and see about getting it replaced. In the meantime, I'll get the 1.1600D put in it's place and see what that will do for these bad boys. It's about 600 watts less than what the 2500 is rated at for 2ohms, but it's what I have.

Ok guys I just got an email back from the place I got the amp from and they said just send it back to us and we'll replace it with a brand new one. So I'm gonna re tune it all tonight and get the 1.1600D in there to replace the 1.2500D with. I'll deal with the rest when I get home Saturday. Nice that it's seeming that it's gonna be an easy replacement.

I'm also going to pick up some 1/0 ga lugs tonight on the way home and get my second battery hooked up.

More to come later!

Sweet, glad to see it up and running! It looks good, for sure!

Like has been said before, this temp setup is better than a lot of people's permanent one!

And I bet once you get all the bugs ironed out, and get that trim panel on, it's gonna be really hard to even think about taking it all out!

I really like it! :popcorn:

Kickin' Cruiser

Seller Feedback

Stage 3
Dash, Door Panels,
4th Order wall 4 - 15's
on a DC 5.0K 2 DC 5.0K's

Solo X 15 (v.2) Sub Build

That looks incredibly clean sitting in there man! I didn't expect anything less :good:

Thanks buddy! I appreciate that! Still some things to do yet, but it's pretty much there. Nice to have bass again!

Looks great came out nice and yeah if it is visible to anyone staring in you're going to want to get that alarm in there asap. How does the bass sound. How are the DC 8's doing on the 1600?

Ya it's only visible if you're staring at it. But it still makes me nervous. So that alarm will be on the top of the priority list now!

The DC 8's are doing work! I think they're a little stiff to make a great assessment, but they sound pretty damn good right now. I have to tune it in still to get it sounding better. Right now I feel like I'm loosing some lows, and I'm wondering if it's the box size. I think, and it's been so long I can't remember, but it's around 1.25cu ft tuned to 34 hz. I think part of the problem is, the truck cab is so GAWD DAMN BIG that they're almost undersized for the cabin. Not sure if that's even realistic, but that's what it feels like. I will say this though, at one point during rack city, it was hitting the chest pretty well! So I have some tuning work to do, and I'm not good at all with that, so we'll see how far it gets!

I'm thinking I may also see about getting a hold of Bill (Kingsuv) and see if he can help me tune her up a bit. Or I'll wait till the whole thing is done and then just tune it all at once!

The 1600 isn't in here. I had planned the 2500 when I was going to use the 1600 for the civic, so I just kept it that way. I'll be using the 1600 on it when I do the center console build for these. I could probably swap it out at some point too if you wanna know the difference. But the 2500 is pushing about 1000 watts right now I think to those 8's. I can't remember I have to go back and look a couple pages, hang on, ok so it looks like they're seeing a 2ohm load which the 2500 will put out 1700 watts at, but I'm guessing they're only seeing about 1000-1200 watts of that right now. Again, I'm sure it's my lack of tuning skills, but it just seemed like they were distorting any higher.

Bout the best I can say right now. I still need to get the outside speakers hooked up and playing. I can't wait to hear those bitches! They're gonna be loud as FAWK!! Gonna have to be tomorrow night though, it's going to the shop tonight for tires and stuff.

try worldwide choppers by tech n9ne. I have 2 sundown 8s with a box tuned to 33 and in a truck and that song makes those 8s go crazy

2006 Chevy Silverado WT (Project Stealth)2-8" Sundown Audio SA-8 v1.5 (tuned to 33)Rockford AmpsFocal and Polk AudioStinger Wire and JL Audio RCAsPioneer AVH-P4300DVD (with bluetooth)PWK DesignsViper 5901

Thanks. I'm looking on spotify now but I only see "Midwest choppers" not worldwide choppers. Is Midwest the one? I'll give it a shot in the morning when I go to workout.

So I got the amps swapped today, second battery hooked up, and returned with the dd1. I also picked up a battery tender and that is on it right now. I'm floating at 12.88v so it could use a charge. I have pics but I gotta get to bed. I'll try and get them loaded tomorrow morning before we leave.

Goodnight!

Ok so here's what's going down. I had to pull the 1.2500, it was rattling like crazy and had a crazy high pitched sound at first start up. So it's going back. Got the 1.1600D in and tuned and working great. I also had to rewire a couple things cause the 1.2500D took 1/0 ga inputs and this one takes 4ga inputs. Got the second battery hooked up, and I think we're good to go. Not gonna explain too much, just show some pics.

From this

DSC05986.jpg

To this

DSC05987.jpg

DSC05988.jpg

Couple cables to connect the batteries

DSC05989.jpg

an extra for a ground

DSC05990.jpg

heat shrunk

DSC05991.jpg

Done

DSC05992.jpg

DSC05993.jpg

DSC05994.jpg

Floating voltage

DSC05995.jpg

Got myself a new battery tender

DSC05996.jpg

Voltage after letting it sit a bit

DSC05997.jpg

And after over night sitting. Still needs more charging time. Just don't have any right now.

DSC05998.jpg

Some daytime pics of the new wiring. Not as nice, but it never is when you have to change things out. Oh well

DSC05999.jpg

DSC06000.jpg

DSC06001.jpg

Gain only about 60-65% up

DSC06002.jpg

DSC06003.jpg

Little video.

th_MOV06004.jpg

That's it, I'm off for a little camping trip! See you all in a few days!

Yes. No vibrations at all from the 1600. Got some in the doors and panels that I'll deaden as things progress in the build.

Gonna have to get on that center console build. Mama is NOT happy about lack of space for the dogs with the seat forward. So that's gonna take priority when I come back from my other vacation on the 2nd of August!

Archived