1994 Ford F350 CC Build- Stalled out for a bit! Sorry!

Ya that hasn't been done yet! No time! It needs to be done though. Have you changed a MC before? It's not that difficult, you just have to make sure to bench bleed it first. Otherwise, it's two bolts, the hard lines, and remove the old, and then put in the new trying not to loose too much fluid when you do. Get those lines connected quickly. If you have the means, find a couple of bolts or threaded cap inserts to put in the outlet holes (where the hard lines go) so you don't loose fluid. It's not a big deal if you do loose it, you just don't want to loose it all, or you'll have to bleed it again. You want no air in the piston. Once that's done, the lines are on, the bolts are back on bleed the system and go. I've personally gone through 3 Napa MC's and I'm having them give me a different brand so I'd suggest staying away from the Napa brands. Get new not reconditioned. I'm sure you know all this, just making sure for help reasons in case you don't.

The problem with mine right now, as I've changed out literally 95% of the brake system, is that I loose the brake pedal. It starts out firm but I loose pressure below my foot. SO I can stand on it and it still brakes, and it'll stop, but it's kinda scary. SO I'm changing the MC again, then the next step will be the booster. That's the only piece left in the system that hasn't been changed but it's not sucking air either so it should be fine. But I'm fine with not taking the chance.

My engine is a 7.5L 460 motor. It's a beast and a GAS HAWG!!! Shit get's like 7 mpg. But it'll put the house of it's foundation!

Yes folks my mechanical issues are piling up as well as my work projects. Here is my list of things now that I have to do to my car/truck, not including things I wanna do like the suspension:

Truck:

Swap the power steering pump

Swap Brake Master cylinder

Bleed system AGAIN FOR THE LIKE 6th or 7th time in the last 2 months

Change oil

Car:

Windshield is cracked and needs replacing

Oil needs changing

Developed a rattle on the passenger side and I'm PRAYING it's not the coilover cause that's a $150.00 fix I don't have right now.

Overall check and maintenance

Truck want to do's:

Suspension lift / RSK

Shocks

Steering stabilizer

Not sure that I'll be doing all these very soon or not, but the PS Pump has to be done soon on the truck cause I have the core charge from the new one to deal with. AND THE SOUND IS ANNOYING AS HELL! Brakes are a must cause it's just a safety issue. Oil changes are simple enough. I still need springs for the suspension so that's not going on anytime soon.

I JUST DON'T HAVE TIME FOR IT ALL! I need like a 2 week vacation to get things done and caught up! AGHHH!

Ya that hasn't been done yet! No time! It needs to be done though. Have you changed a MC before? It's not that difficult, you just have to make sure to bench bleed it first. Otherwise, it's two bolts, the hard lines, and remove the old, and then put in the new trying not to loose too much fluid when you do. Get those lines connected quickly. If you have the means, find a couple of bolts or threaded cap inserts to put in the outlet holes (where the hard lines go) so you don't loose fluid. It's not a big deal if you do loose it, you just don't want to loose it all, or you'll have to bleed it again. You want no air in the piston. Once that's done, the lines are on, the bolts are back on bleed the system and go. I've personally gone through 3 Napa MC's and I'm having them give me a different brand so I'd suggest staying away from the Napa brands. Get new not reconditioned. I'm sure you know all this, just making sure for help reasons in case you don't.

The problem with mine right now, as I've changed out literally 95% of the brake system, is that I loose the brake pedal. It starts out firm but I loose pressure below my foot. SO I can stand on it and it still brakes, and it'll stop, but it's kinda scary. SO I'm changing the MC again, then the next step will be the booster. That's the only piece left in the system that hasn't been changed but it's not sucking air either so it should be fine. But I'm fine with not taking the chance.

My engine is a 7.5L 460 motor. It's a beast and a GAS HAWG!!! Shit get's like 7 mpg. But it'll put the house of it's foundation!

Yes folks my mechanical issues are piling up as well as my work projects. Here is my list of things now that I have to do to my car/truck, not including things I wanna do like the suspension:

Truck:

Swap the power steering pump

Swap Brake Master cylinder

Bleed system AGAIN FOR THE LIKE 6th or 7th time in the last 2 months

Change oil

Car:

Windshield is cracked and needs replacing

Oil needs changing

Developed a rattle on the passenger side and I'm PRAYING it's not the coilover cause that's a $150.00 fix I don't have right now.

Overall check and maintenance

Truck want to do's:

Suspension lift / RSK

Shocks

Steering stabilizer

Not sure that I'll be doing all these very soon or not, but the PS Pump has to be done soon on the truck cause I have the core charge from the new one to deal with. AND THE SOUND IS ANNOYING AS HELL! Brakes are a must cause it's just a safety issue. Oil changes are simple enough. I still need springs for the suspension so that's not going on anytime soon.

I JUST DON'T HAVE TIME FOR IT ALL! I need like a 2 week vacation to get things done and caught up! AGHHH!

You almost have the exact truck I have always wanted. I want your truck but with the 7.3L V8 Diesel. But damn I love Big Block Trucks. I hate problems with brake systems, It MAY be your Brake Booster though, if it's the only thing you have not replaced. I Still love the build, hope the mechanical issues don't hold you back too far.

1996 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer V8 AWD

So far with the Ford/JBL Stock Stereo system, Alpine System coming soon.

Thanks. I hope not either! I would've loved the 7.3L. But this thing is pretty tough too! I do love the diesel though! Wonder what it would take to do a swap!?! Too much!

So I didn't get any cutting done, but I got a little laying out done. I'm waiting for pics to upload, but I'm gonna have to see what I can do vs what I want to do before I start cutting anything. I'll see if these stupid things will upload or not!

my dad wanted me to buy a silverado he had, it had the 8.1 gas engine in it and got 8mpg. i said hell no lol. im trying to start working again then im going to save up for a 2006 f250 powerstroke crew cab

C-Fizzy, on 01 April 2012 - 01:06 PM, said:

Clip city bitch, clip clip city bitch. 10's, 12's, 15's, goin up in flames bitch.

Check out my build thread http://www.stevemead...product-page-2/

New build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/172646-punkrocks-97-civic-build/

I used to own half of a business a few years ago, and we bought 06 LBCC F350 Lariat's with the power strokes in them and I absolutely loved and miss that truck! We didnt do anything special to them, leveled it out, wheels and tires, small system. But it rode so well and was so powerful. We did fiber cement siding and that shits heavy! I towed a trailer with two pallets of the stuff up in the sierras fro

Sacramento and it pulled it like nothing was back there! Miss it bad!!

On another note, figured out why my pucs arent loading from my phone. I guess photobucket mobile updated itself and you dont email the pics anymore, youre supposed to be able to upload them straight from your mobile device. But the shit doesnt work. Photobucket strikes again!! Bout to head off to my daughters soccer practice but ill figure it out when i get home. I think ive got the layout figured out though!

Not to side track from the build, but to install a 7.3L Diesel would not be that hard, as long as it has the same transmission as the big block. you would need the motor, computer, and fuel system. it would probably take a solid weekend of work, but it could be done. best advice I can give you, if you ever do this, buy an engine from a wrecked truck, or a roll over truck, because the engine will most likely be just fine, but they junked it because the rest was not savable.

1996 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer V8 AWD

So far with the Ford/JBL Stock Stereo system, Alpine System coming soon.

Archived