• 6 months later...

the reason being that a slant six lasts forever, is due to no outer cylinder thrust as apposed to a v6/v8 whereas the v6/v8 have outer cylinder thrust which wears the cylinder faster than a inline 6

07 mote carlo..

deh-p800prs hu-cdt gold 6.5's-cdt 6x9 2 ways-mcintosh mc431m(mids/highs)

bxi2608,2 10w7's in 4rth order(designed by pete k)ported into cabin via armrest cutout

dc power 260 amp alt-missing link module (15.4v)kicker 1/0 kit deka intimidator under hood

metered 141.0 @ 32hz windows down @ kick,termlab

I say the V6's are way better then a inline 6. For starters the V6's look better then the inline 6's, Plus where do you see inline 6's handling over 1500hp at the back wheel's daily. I say it is to one's opion . Every one has there likes dislikes. inline 6's are old technolgy and the V6's are new. So i think that the old inlines would be done out in the near future and the great V6 would be in every car we drive.

australia03junehl4.gifCURRENT SET UP

Factory HeadunitGladen dual splits

Audio helon 4ch amp

Audio Helon 9kwrms monoBlock

2 15" Custom built Pap subs rated at 3kwrms each

I say the V6's are way better then a inline 6. For starters the V6's look better then the inline 6's, Plus where do you see inline 6's handling over 1500hp at the back wheel's daily. I say it is to one's opion . Every one has there likes dislikes. inline 6's are old technolgy and the V6's are new. So i think that the old inlines would be done out in the near future and the great V6 would be in every car we drive.

yeah cause the toyota supra is one slow car http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/01nocomment8so.gif , maybe we should put a v6 in them instead

07 mote carlo..

bxi2608,2 10w7's in 4rth order(designed by pete k)ported into cabin via armrest cutout

dc power 260 amp alt-missing link module (15.4v)kicker 1/0 kit deka intimidator under hood

07 mote carlo..

Well that's a turbo inline 6 not a NA engine. Well who care's about anykind of 6 . Just got with a V8

australia03junehl4.gifCURRENT SET UP

Factory HeadunitGladen dual splits

Audio helon 4ch amp

Audio Helon 9kwrms monoBlock

2 15" Custom built Pap subs rated at 3kwrms each

Straight 6's last FOREVER. Its hard to blow one up the most that ever happens to them is they over heat and you crack the head but thats an easy cheap fix. My old Jeep Cherokee Laredo had the 4.0L straight 6 and it has 315000 miles on it and it still runs strong. Raced a Gradn Prix GTP and smoked it

Bullshit. No way your Laredo out ran a GTP unless the idiot in it was blind and deaf and had no idea he was racing.

My GP has 276,000 on it with stock engine and it has had 1 serious problem and that was the tranny. Other than that my engine runs better than the day I bought it.

The System In Progress

Headunit: Pioneer DEH5800MP

Sub: DC Sound Lab Level 4 15" D2

Box: 4 cubes at 33Hz

Sub Amp: Cadence Z1200

Front Stage: PG RSD5cs

Rear Stage: Pioneer TSA6991R (Temporary)

Front and Rear Amp: Cadence TXA3004 (FS) (Looking)

Wiring: XScorpion, American Bass, Stinger Custom Pro 4 Gauge

Well that's a turbo inline 6 not a NA engine. Well who care's about anykind of 6 . Just got with a V8

u would care when a 350z, Skyline, Supra, or a G35 beat u

or even a 4banger like an evo or maybe even if my car was properly tuned i could beat most v8's out there (except corvettes, n some cobras)

EDIT: BTW my car is the 09 turbocharged cobalt ss if ur wondering

the only person i wouldnt let build my box would be Ray.

Team Heavy-Flex4 SA 12's tuned to 29hz

Ampere Audio 3800.1 @ 1 ohmXS Power D3100Big 3Stock alt

Slant6 FTW........................Ol rusty has a 225 slat 6

MoPar FTMFW!...slant 6s are bulletproof, hard as hell to kill one :)

1990 Jeep Cherokee 4X4

Pioneer DEH-P2900MP, Big 3 done in 1/0, 1 run 1/0 ran to amp

DAT HF1000.1 #007 powering a DC lvl4 15

DAT HR 4085 prototype powering 2 Selenium 6s and 2 no name tweeters running active

1st place in AS3 @ Surf City Sound Off, 140.8 @ 45hz @ the headrest.

rebuild coming soon to get a better score :)

"I regard the brain as a computer which will stop working when its components fail. There is no heaven of afterlife for broken down computers; that is a fairy story for people who are afraid of the dark."

Archived