Ok what is the difference between a v6 and a straight 6 I know that the v6 has 2 cylinder heads each housing 3 cylinders and is run off a single crankshaft and is in the pattern of a "V"

And a straight 6 is has 6 cylinders lined up over a single crank

and that the straight 6 has more torque ect,ect

Is there any real major difference in performance besides more torque?

-Trent

~REFS~

-CA.com-Gianotti(2 18" FI BTL D1) Slowd N Throwd(Wiring),Ebrunn(PC monitor),Rab(HK4000D)

-SMD.com-Nismofreak(Radar),BigP(Phone Headset),anonymous(Xbox360 Headset)

i think you answerd your own question, the str8 6 has alot of tourqe and the v6 has higher rpm abilites and top end....plus you have to take in the ci of each motor, like my str8 6 is 300ci i dont know what the v6 range

Americas loudest work van2006 iasca heavyweight bassboxing champion at 150.4 db with 60second average TL8 memphis PR15s,12 memphis PR6.5's coax,4 memphis PR 1inch tweets

Straight 6's last FOREVER. Its hard to blow one up the most that ever happens to them is they over heat and you crack the head but thats an easy cheap fix. My old Jeep Cherokee Laredo had the 4.0L straight 6 and it has 315000 miles on it and it still runs strong. Raced a Gradn Prix GTP and smoked it

\My old Jeep Cherokee Laredo had the 4.0L straight 6 and it has 315000 miles on it and it still runs strong. Raced a Gradn Prix GTP and smoked it

Holy crap, how many lbs of boost you got on it or how much is that shot of nitrous? lol, just jokin but I never seen a jeep that wasn't a slug, less it had a 350 in it or something better.

dc lvl 4xl 12

kicker zx1500

2 sets of kicker ds6.5s

optima yellow top (extra batt) with big 3

1/0 guage and 3 150amp anls

eclipse cd5000 headunit

Holy crap, how many lbs of boost you got on it or how much is that shot of nitrous? lol, just jokin but I never seen a jeep that wasn't a slug, less it had a 350 in it or something better.

Did they know you were racing? lol j/k

~REFS~

-CA.com-Gianotti(2 18" FI BTL D1) Slowd N Throwd(Wiring),Ebrunn(PC monitor),Rab(HK4000D)

Did they know you were racing? lol j/k

lmfao

Slant sixes will run for damn near ever

1986 C20 Suburban

9 American Bass XFL 15's

B2 M1MKII

14v XS Power Batteries

Maxwell Caps

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not

you havent lived until you've hit a screw with a router.

lmfao

Slant sixes will run for damn near ever

Well the reason i was wondering is my brothers friend has a cj7 with a straight6 for sale not sure which year i believe maybe a 1989. with 36" tires and only 93k miles not sure of all the specs and what all it has havent had a chance to talk to him about it. it hasnt ran in awhile because he messed up the rear-end but he has a new one to put in and him and my brother have done all the work. He is wanting 4k fixed for it but i may be able to get him down a lil

~REFS~

Archived