Second Skin Audio

No Clue How To Make A Slot Port

I have absolutely no clue how to make or tune a slot port and i dont want to screw up my friends box. His system consists of 2 12" Kenwoods in a dual chamber box with 1.25ft3 in each side.

how can i help him tune his box down to about 32 or 35hz because he wants to hit crazy lows.

one chamber is 1.25ft3, thus making the full box 2.5ft3

it wont be rebuilt most likely, since he payed for a pre-made box.

i dont know if it matters if its a dual chamber or a single chamber, since their the same exact subs

hmmmm...not sure how well this is gonna work. i just estimated and used dimensions of 12x12x15 (not including wood measurements) to get 1.25 cubes of air in each chamber. so this says you'll need a port size of 3 inches high, 1.5 inches wide, and 10 inches long. that'll tune it to 34.5 hz. BUT...that's going to take away from the volume inside the box. so that'll only give each chamber 1.22 cubes of air after port displacement. not sure how that'd sound, since i'm not sure how much air space those subs recommend. but if you wanna try it out, it wouldnt be too hard to patch the hole back up i guess :blush: