Pro7 Posted April 1, 2012 Report Posted April 1, 2012 So I am looking into upgrading my speakers in my Sebring and I think I have an idea of what I want but have some key questions. This is pretty much my plan for everything but I wanted to make sure that it will work Front door speakers and rear side panel speakers- I think I am going to go with 2 pairs of these http://www.parts-express.com/pe/pshowdetl.cfm?&Partnumber=299-155&scqty=1 for the front door speakers and the rear side panel speakers Dash highs Then I could get some 3.5 inch speakers that would fit in the factory position in the dash such as these http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_11234_PowerBass-S-352.html But could I run those 3.5s off of the head unit with the others all amped? So with those 6.5 woofers that are 8 ohms each I could wire them in parallel on each side to get a final independence of 4 ohms So to do that I should get a 2 channel amp that does around 100 watts per channel correct? So then I would have 4 door/rear panel 6.5 speakers on 50 watts each. But that leaves the dash 3.5 speakers to run off of the head unit. So my question is can I just leave the 3.5s to run off the hu or should I get a pair of beefier ones so I could get a 4 channel amp and run the 2 other channels on the 3.5s I was also thinking if I should just screw the 3.5s and get some tweeters? Any input in appreciated as I am all ears to any ideas Edit: sorry for the previous post being confusing Did I make it more understandable? I've gotten a blowjob and picked up my iphone behind her back to see what email notification I got from smd before
Pro7 Posted April 2, 2012 Author Report Posted April 2, 2012 Bump I've gotten a blowjob and picked up my iphone behind her back to see what email notification I got from smd before
HotRodHam Posted April 2, 2012 Report Posted April 2, 2012 completely lost. completely rephrase what you said so it will make sence 18" Sundown Zv4 D2JL 1000/1 V1XS Power D3200
jmanjr82 Posted April 2, 2012 Report Posted April 2, 2012 How do you plan on crossing everything? You would need some type of cross over feature. also you realize the mids and tweets are 8ohm correct?
Pro7 Posted April 2, 2012 Author Report Posted April 2, 2012 I was wondering about the xovers but I don't have any knowledge about running active vs running passive I'll look it up tonight but can't I just use a hpf and lpf on a 2/4 channel amp to cross the 6.5 speakers correctly and then either run the 3.5s off the hu or on a 4 channel amp Would I need to cross the 3.5s? I am kinda leaning away from tweeters as much as I can but if it will sound cleaner then I will if it's that beneficial I've gotten a blowjob and picked up my iphone behind her back to see what email notification I got from smd before
jmanjr82 Posted April 2, 2012 Report Posted April 2, 2012 well it really depends on the freq band of each item. If the 3.5 can pull multi duty and be used in the common tweet freq band then sure. Do more research on what freq bands are before you decide on something. FYI most crossovers are already determined for freq as well look into 2 way and 3 way crossovers.
Pro7 Posted April 2, 2012 Author Report Posted April 2, 2012 so do you guys think i could use the xovers on a 2 channel amp like this http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_44472_MB-Quart-ONX2.100.html for the mid woofers so they get 50 watts a piece and ran a pair of 3.5s off of the hu how do you think i will be sitting? if anyone has any other ideas for this situation i am all ears. I've gotten a blowjob and picked up my iphone behind her back to see what email notification I got from smd before
White Lightning Posted April 2, 2012 Report Posted April 2, 2012 Sounds complicated ... Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado "The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually" Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet) Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.