Sundown Audio

amp for 2 SA 12s

Banshee421

comparing a boss to a sk-1500?

ill let someone else rape you ferociously for that remark.

names in this industry carry quality with them.

everyone knows you get what you pay for with car audio.

buying amps that say shit like "4000 watts maxXXXXXXX" but only have 30 amps of fusing for 200 bucks is not going to hang with any well known quality brand.

we defend the sk-1500 because its not a shit amp by any means.

not to mention you said you were the first person to open the box and physically handle the amp.

i have a VERY HARD time believing that kevin and skar audio would release a PROTOTYPE amp, that did not work. thats not a very good way to start a amp line.

09 Civic EX

KDC-X395

(2) SKAR Audio VVX-12

Skar Audio SK-1500.1

4 cu ft @32 (new box and more port soon)

Firing Forward not sealed off

Stock 80 Amp Alt

Big 3 In 1/0 Knu

2 Runs To The Back 1 Pos 1 Neg In 1/0 Knu

DD-1'd 13.8v drop

Measure impedance of woofers disconnected from amp.

Power and ground has to be 0 gauge. Ground bolted to frame or strut tower with the paint sanded off so its shiny.

Bass boost off.

Lpf at like 80.

Subsonic a little under box tuning.

Phase at 0

Report back.

Still can't fathom why you want more power when your shit doesn't even work currently right now.

I'll tell you now I don't have 0 gauge am I really losing that much power. I mean will do it if needed. What voltage is too low to be harm full to amp. And I'm waiting for friend for that fluke and get the results.

Measure impedance of woofers disconnected from amp.

Power and ground has to be 0 gauge. Ground bolted to frame or strut tower with the paint sanded off so its shiny.

Bass boost off.

Lpf at like 80.

Subsonic a little under box tuning.

Phase at 0

Report back.

Still can't fathom why you want more power when your shit doesn't even work currently right now.

I'll tell you now I don't have 0 gauge am I really losing that much power. I mean will do it if needed. What voltage is too low to be harm full to amp. And I'm waiting for friend for that fluke and get the results.

i can tell you dont have 0 gauge. there is no option of not doing it. that amp is capable of pulling upwards of 200 amps. 4 gauge is rated for 150 amps. what happens if you exceed the rating of the wire? fire. thats what happens.

too low a voltage for me personally is anything under 12v. some people dont like dropping below 14, some 11. depends on the person

edit: and you still havent stated how your ground is and where it is specifically. not "under the carpet"

Archived