Sundown Audio

amp for 2 SA 12s

Banshee421

http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/store/

get a decent 2500 watt amp. pretty much anything on that site is good

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

how can you say the sk-1500 doesnt cut it..(previous thread)

sa-12s are rated 600w each

sk does over rated.

your subs should be pounding damn hard in your 3.78 cu ft box

09 Civic EX

KDC-X395

(2) SKAR Audio VVX-12

Skar Audio SK-1500.1

4 cu ft @32 (new box and more port soon)

Firing Forward not sealed off

Stock 80 Amp Alt

Big 3 In 1/0 Knu

2 Runs To The Back 1 Pos 1 Neg In 1/0 Knu

DD-1'd 13.8v drop

how can you say the sk-1500 doesnt cut it..(previous thread)

sa-12s are rated 600w each

sk does over rated.

your subs should be pounding damn hard in your 3.78 cu ft box

I 2nd this, do more troubleshooting before throwing away more money. If anything you could take the cheap route if the Skar is done for, and just get an aq1200/2200

I run two SA-10s on a SAX-1200D, and it moves them enough. It won't ever hit their mechanical limit, but that wasn't what my build was going for. It is clean, and loud enough. The way these subs are though, if you want to reach their limits you are going to have to run a clean 1000 watts or more per sub. You won't get a ton more output with more power though. You will end up hitting their mechanical limit, and then burn through the coils trying to run it just below that daily.

I dont want to take about the skar a little bitter about it smaller no name amp does better im over it will just sell on CL for 200 some kid will buy it. AQ 2200 may be on my list too I what at least 1k on each.

If yiou don't know what your doing I wouldn't put 1k on each.. the SKAR is what I'd look more into it's a amp that does over rated, I think you should look into it some more or contact skar about it rather than trying to look for something else..e amp I doubt it's something with the amp.. that amp would push those subs plenty hard. If the amp is defective then I'm sure you still have your warranty. Have you tooken a DMM to see how much it's pushing out? I betcha it's not going to say 1500w -_- Not sure what you were trying to say in your above sentence.

Check out my build log:

http://www.stevemead...60#entry1958353

Different folks have different strokes.

Archived