Sundown Audio

amp for 2 SA 12s

Banshee421

if it is user error, what is the error?

No error it works fine best amp i ever bought just need more power there is another one on eBay right now will just by that one and run both one to each sub

Your lying. Either A. You are completely clueless or B. Your full of it. Because if it did work, it would push those subs to there limits.. You wouldn't need a bigger amp to push them.. I believe you said that it wasn't working or didn't push very much on another page.. I'll find it right noww. I'd just stop while your behind...

Check out my build log:

http://www.stevemead...60#entry1958353

Different folks have different strokes.

so the sk-1500 that "you have to get out of your car and put your hand on the sub to see if its working" now is "the best amp you ever bought"

somehow, im seriously doubting that the sa-12s can take much more than 1500w from YOU.

09 Civic EX

KDC-X395

(2) SKAR Audio VVX-12

Skar Audio SK-1500.1

4 cu ft @32 (new box and more port soon)

Firing Forward not sealed off

Stock 80 Amp Alt

Big 3 In 1/0 Knu

2 Runs To The Back 1 Pos 1 Neg In 1/0 Knu

DD-1'd 13.8v drop

No error it works fine best amp i ever bought just need more power there is another one on eBay right now will just by that one and run both one to each sub

Something doesn't work right. there is absolutely zero reason that amp shouldn't be pushing those subs, if everything is working correctly. Either the amp is not working right for some reason OR you have some wiring problems somewhere, since you said the subs work fine with your other amp hooked up. My guess is the amp is bad, for whatever reason. But since you won't show us any pictures or do anything in your power to let us help you, we can only guess what happened.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

I need a nice amp for 2 sa 12 just found out the hard way 1500 watt don't cut it. Final ohm load is 1 there dual 4. Box is 1.89 each at 34 hz. 0 gauge run coming soon.

how can you say the sk-1500 doesnt cut it..(previous thread)

sa-12s are rated 600w each

sk does over rated.

your subs should be pounding damn hard in your 3.78 cu ft box

I dont want to take about the skar a little bitter about it smaller no name amp does better im over it will just sell on CL for 200 some kid will buy it. AQ 2200 may be on my list too I what at least 1k on each.

If yiou don't know what your doing I wouldn't put 1k on each.. the SKAR is what I'd look more into it's a amp that does over rated, I think you should look into it some more or contact skar about it rather than trying to look for something else..e amp I doubt it's something with the amp.. that amp would push those subs plenty hard. If the amp is defective then I'm sure you still have your warranty. Have you tooken a DMM to see how much it's pushing out? I betcha it's not going to say 1500w -_- Not sure what you were trying to say in your above sentence.

I want nothing to do with it thats it.

It gone no more done with it.

I know what im doing so its fine.

I'm sorry.. I couldn't find anything saying that there was something wrong with it.. only my assumtion of you saying 1500 watts isn't enough.. that's more than enough as the quote below it says.. I put another one at the bottom for laughs because you obviously have NO IDEA what your doing. I'm usually not a dick like this but really irritates me when you bash on a great product..also when you claim to no what your doing but you obviously don't being that you think 1500 isn't enough when that amp does past rated.. if you don't know.. just say so. PLENTY people on here are very nice about explaining shit. NO name amp.. I died laughing.

Check out my build log:

Something doesn't work right. there is absolutely zero reason that amp shouldn't be pushing those subs, if everything is working correctly. Either the amp is not working right for some reason OR you have some wiring problems somewhere, since you said the subs work fine with your other amp hooked up. My guess is the amp is bad, for whatever reason. But since you won't show us any pictures or do anything in your power to let us help you, we can only guess what happened.

You know.. it's not the best amp you ever bought if your saying it's a no name amp.. and it doesn't work good enough for you.. lmao.. also to Mr. If it TRUELY does put out power.. his wiring could be at a final ohm of 4?. Maybe that's his problem. But as you said.. no pictures we can't help.. just no cooperation period.

Check out my build log:

55 bucks really kid got pms for at for 150 and I don't have to drive

^ PM from OP.. Yes really, that's as much as I'd offer you because I'm already lined up to buy a new one.. why would I buy your amp if you say it's not pushing 2 600 watt subwoofers.. it's obviously broke, because you SAY you know what the hell your doing. Don't PM me, just tell me on here I'm not shy.

Check out my build log:

OP fails. i think we determined this before the thread even got past page one. once a bullshitter always a bullshitter

Lol... agreed. You know.. this would have gone over sooo much better with more info and some pictures with cooperation.. perhaps it's wired to 4 ohms rather than 2. I'm just getting heated.. hell I don't even know what for now.. perhaps ignorance. For some odd reason this thread just really gets to me.

Check out my build log:

You know.. it's not the best amp you ever bought if your saying it's a no name amp.. and it doesn't work good enough for you.. lmao.. also to Mr. If it TRUELY does put out power.. his wiring could be at a final ohm of 4?. Maybe that's his problem. But as you said.. no pictures we can't help.. just no cooperation period.

even wired at 4 ohms, he wouldn't be experiencing these issues. wiring one of the coils on a DVC sub will keep it from moving, or very little, and i mean next to no output from the amp will do the same. even wired at 4ohms, the subs will move and have output.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

Archived