when they say we provide information its not username password. Its we have xxx amount of users xxx amount are male xxx are age this etc. They also provide information on web queries and things like that.

i would agree, but until i'm in a courtroom and i pull that quote out of my ass, then they say, well hold on.. we own the server which your account is on, you hold no legal grounds eat a dick..

all that it takes is for their lawyer to say the right thing and your shit toasted.

for me, its still best not to trust anyone over the internet unless im friends with them in real life.

09 Civic EX

KDC-X395

(2) SKAR Audio VVX-12

Skar Audio SK-1500.1

4 cu ft @32 (new box and more port soon)

Firing Forward not sealed off

Stock 80 Amp Alt

Big 3 In 1/0 Knu

2 Runs To The Back 1 Pos 1 Neg In 1/0 Knu

DD-1'd 13.8v drop

You can take off your tin hat, Sheena; Microsoft explicitly describes how it collects, retains and uses "personal information" right here:

http://privacy.microsoft.com/en-us/fullnotice.mspx#use

Use of Your Personal Information

Microsoft collects and uses your personal information to operate and improve its sites and services. These uses include providing you with more effective customer service; making the sites or services easier to use by eliminating the need for you to repeatedly enter the same information; performing research and analysis aimed at improving our products' date=' services and technologies; and displaying content and advertising that are customized to your interests and preferences. For more information about the use of information for advertising, see the Display of Advertising section below.

We also use your personal information to communicate with you. We may send certain mandatory service communications such as welcome letters, billing reminders, information on technical service issues, and security announcements. Some Microsoft services, such as Windows Live Hotmail, may send periodic member letters that are considered part of the service. Additionally, with your permission, we may also occasionally send you product surveys or promotional mailings to inform you of other products or services available from Microsoft and its affiliates, and/or share your personal information with Microsoft partners so they may send you information about their products and services. You can opt-out from receiving newsletters or promotional e-mail anytime by using this web form or by following the steps as described in the respective newsletter or promotional e-mail.

Personal information collected on Microsoft sites and services may be stored and processed in the United States or any other country in which Microsoft or its affiliates, subsidiaries or service providers maintain facilities. Microsoft abides by the safe harbor framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of data from the European Economic Area, and Switzerland.

Sharing of Your Personal Information

Except as described in this statement, we will not disclose your personal information outside of Microsoft and its controlled subsidiaries and affiliates without your consent. Some Microsoft sites allow you to choose to share your personal information with select Microsoft partners so that they can contact you about their products, services or offers. Other sites, such as MSN instead may give you a separate choice as to whether you wish to receive communications from Microsoft about a partner's particular offering (without transferring your personal information to the third party). See the Communication Preferences section below for more information.

Some Microsoft services are co-branded by Microsoft and another company (partner). If you register to or use such a service, both a Microsoft privacy statement and the partner’s privacy statement may be displayed. If so, both Microsoft and the partner will receive information you provide such as on registration forms.

Microsoft occasionally hires other companies (vendor) to provide limited services on our behalf, such as handling the processing and delivery of mailings, providing customer support, hosting websites, processing transactions, or performing statistical analysis of our services. Those service providers will be permitted to obtain only the personal information they need to deliver the service. They are required to maintain the confidentiality of the information and are prohibited from using it for any other purpose than for delivering the service to Microsoft in accordance with Microsoft’s instructions and policies. However, our vendors may use aggregate data for fraud detection to help improve their services. This helps them to more accurately detect fraudulent transactions. We may access or disclose information about you, including the content of your communications, in order to: (a) comply with the law or respond to lawful requests or legal process; (B) protect the rights or property of Microsoft or our customers, including the enforcement of our agreements or policies governing your use of the services; or © act on a good faith belief that such access or disclosure is necessary to protect the personal safety of Microsoft employees, customers or the public. We may also disclose personal information as part of a corporate transaction such as a merger or sale of assets.[/quote']

They have too much to lose by selling usernames and passwords. The risk/reward ratio just isn't worth it.

"Cheap, good or fast. You can only pick two out of three."

"Have money? Love story! No money? I'm sorry."

You can take off your tin hat, Sheena

Fucking lol'd

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

I was hoping for 150 :(.

I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt

So if someone hacks your email what can they really do? I don't keep any contacts saved really so what could they do to my account? just spam people with it?

Pretty much. Worst case scenario is you have you bank account or PayPal on the same email. They can recover passwords, change them, get in, and have your money, though they'll likely need more than just a email and password to do so.

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

I was hoping for 150 :(.

I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt

jaloosk thats a dumb thing to say. since when do companies follow rules/laws and everything else?

but okay, you keep thinking that your hiding behind your little computer and that all your information and everything is safe.

these companies will do anything to lie to you that your shits safe.

just like Anon did with sony. they got all of your information if you bought something, accs/passwords credit card info.. and you know what sony did?

they DENIED the whole thing ever took place, then anon posted pics and sony said the credit card info is safe.

theres tons of info on what happened, but dont think shits not going on in the internet that you dont know about.

theres laws, but the laws are really not enforced unless a company feels like getting some publicity.

we're all going to have our own opinion on the matter, and not all of us are going to get hacked or whatever.

but please dont think your safe on the internet.

and sure, ill keep my metaphorical tin hat on. because i know what the internet is like.

been on for 8-10 hours a day for about 7 years straight unless i have work to do.

09 Civic EX

KDC-X395

(2) SKAR Audio VVX-12

Skar Audio SK-1500.1

Stock 80 Amp Alt

Big 3 In 1/0 Knu

DD-1'd 13.8v drop

So if someone hacks your email what can they really do? I don't keep any contacts saved really so what could they do to my account? just spam people with it?

Pretty much. Worst case scenario is you have you bank account or PayPal on the same email. They can recover passwords, change them, get in, and have your money, though they'll likely need more than just a email and password to do so.

recovery question, or secondary confirmation email

09 Civic EX

KDC-X395

(2) SKAR Audio VVX-12

Skar Audio SK-1500.1

Stock 80 Amp Alt

Big 3 In 1/0 Knu

DD-1'd 13.8v drop

jaloosk thats a dumb thing to say. since when do companies follow rules/laws and everything else?

but okay, you keep thinking that your hiding behind your little computer and that all your information and everything is safe.

these companies will do anything to lie to you that your shits safe.

just like Anon did with sony. they got all of your information if you bought something, accs/passwords credit card info.. and you know what sony did?

they DENIED the whole thing ever took place, then anon posted pics and sony said the credit card info is safe.

theres tons of info on what happened, but dont think shits not going on in the internet that you dont know about.

theres laws, but the laws are really not enforced unless a company feels like getting some publicity.

we're all going to have our own opinion on the matter, and not all of us are going to get hacked or whatever.

but please dont think your safe on the internet.

and sure, ill keep my metaphorical tin hat on. because i know what the internet is like.

been on for 8-10 hours a day for about 7 years straight unless i have work to do.

You brought up the TOS documents, not me. I'm just using your own argument against you. ;)

Also, nowhere did I ever say you were "safe on the Internet" so I don't know where you got that from. :rofl:

I'm an IT manager for an insurance company. I deal with this shit all the time. Corporations are scared shitless of litigation...that's why they have all of these documents published in the first place. Everything a company does comes down to money. It does not make economical sense for a corporation the size of Microsoft, Sony, google, whoever to SELL information like usernames and passwords, BECAUSE of organizations like wikileaks, the smoking gun and anonymous. If anyone found out that Microsoft was selling passwords, they would be litigated out of business. :lol:

"Cheap, good or fast. You can only pick two out of three."

"Have money? Love story! No money? I'm sorry."

just nevermind, i honestly dont care.

your taking this way too far and trying to make it an argument.

"i'm an it manager for an insurance company"

i didnt ask for credentials or ask about your background.

and whos going to take the time to bust microsoft on such a conspiracy? theres like no way to prove it.

not to mention theres probably that one corrupt kid in the server room that just shoots emails off to china or other parts of the world containing usernames and passwords for profit.

they will keep doing it till they get caught.. cant know until someone gets busted doing it, and right now i doubt anyone has put much thought to it.

you can hate, and bash me, and use all the emotes you want to. i dont mind.

and when i said "thats a dumb thing to say" i meant the tin hat, but obviously you overlooked that.

and lol, microsoft out of business, they would blame it on an employee before the company ever went up in flames over such shit.

09 Civic EX

KDC-X395

(2) SKAR Audio VVX-12

Skar Audio SK-1500.1

Stock 80 Amp Alt

Big 3 In 1/0 Knu

DD-1'd 13.8v drop