Mechman Alternators

do you guys sell rebuild kits for factory alts so we can rebuild them to pump out more amps if so can i get a price on a 98 blazer if not have you ever thought about offering something like this would be nice

They do.. but there not for you. Only cool people get it..

I kid I kid,curious about this too.. would be nice a little more amps out of my alt, at a lower cost.. don't really need 250 amp alt lmao.

Check out my build log:

http://www.stevemead...60#entry1958353

Different folks have different strokes.

I'm really not the guy to ask about alternators, but I think you'd probably have to do rewinding and change out diodes (eh?) to get overall more performance, instead of more at high speed, none at idle. I can't imagine it being too profitable because i doubt very many people would have the know-how.

rebuilding a alt is a very easy thing to do i think most people could if they try it and the type of kit im talking about would be all new internals to so take you stock 105 amp alt to 150 or 200 amps just a small upgread for those of us that dont need a 270 + amp alt

SKAR_728x90-2.jpg

Probably not, much of what we do is not compatible with OEM alternators.

There's also the complication of performance related issues and warranty on parts when we don't do the work, it can be very expensive to sell quality parts and it is hard to compete with the influx of Chinese junk.

• 2 weeks later...