Second Skin Audio

Damp Pro and Luxury Liner Amount.

I have an 02 Maxima. i'm wanting to buy damp pro for the doors, roof, floors and trunk. then throw some LL were necessary. Any idea how much i should order? taking in account of 25% of each area should be covered. -thanks

25% coverage only applies to the Damp Pro. With MLV (mass loaded vinyl) barriers like Luxury Liner, you want full coverage.

I would say a Bulk Pack of Damplifier Pro would be fine for the doors, roof, floor, trunk. And four sheets (36 sq. ft.) of Luxury Liner for the floor. If you want to do the doors with Luxury Liner too, add another two sheets (18 sq. ft.) to the mix.

Now keep in mind, Luxury Liner does not come with a decoupler (foam) layer to "float" the barrier above the surface. This is a key component as it prevents direct transference of noise/sound into the MLV layer. It also added another layer for the sound to go through. So I would suggest adding the same amount of OverKill or OverKill Pro to your list (36 sq. ft. if doing just the floor with Luxury Liner; or 54 sq. ft. if doing the floor and doors).

OR you can go with Luxury Liner Pro which already has the foam layer fused to the MLV barrier.

I hope that makes sense... if it's a bit unclear let me know.

Have a question about Second Skin? E-Mail me!

usa_render4.png

• 1 month later...

All ss product is awesome !!! I have damp pro and damp on my doors, trunk, floor and everywhere else luxury liner pro on the floor, wheel wells, trunk, luxury liner on the doors, thermal block on the hood, and spectrum on the under body and the product is awesome !!! My car has never felt sounded or drove so good. I also had a hole in my floor pan and used ss to fix it ! Cleaned it up used por15 all around it and used alpha damp on each side of hole plus the damp on the floor and llp and the hole is solid as the rest of the floor pan !!!! Second skin rocks !!!!

We strive for perfection and to provide only the best materials, so we really appreciate those kind words Joshua!

Have a question about Second Skin? E-Mail me!

usa_render4.png