Sonic Electronix

i have a 1995 ford f150 xlt and it want to build it into a monster...i found a 270 amp alt for the truck but my question is....is all i have to do is buy it and hook it up..do i need any extra pullies or better belts or what? it comes with a stock 95 so im assuming the pullies is built for that rpm or does the rpm even matter... need a lil help

If it comes with a pully, use the one it comes with. Most of the time the factory belt will fit unless the new pully is wicked small, but if your belt is old, it might be a good idea to replace it while you have it off. The only other thing I would do is the big 3 so you can utilize the alt to it's full potential.

Hope this helps.

most fit with the factory plug and belt, so no switching out there unless like said the alternator comes with its own belt, then use that one. They bolt right into stock location with the OEM bolts.

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

yea i clicked on the link on this forums page..think it was mechman high output alts... seen a 270 on the for 449 for my truck well it fits ford f150-250 years 93-96 but my truck falls in that category...i was just asking cause i know it said it does 165 at 170 rpm to 1700rpm.. didnt know if i would have to upgrade it or not to catch up with the speed..and yes i got a shit load of 0 gauge from the big 3 on my grand marquis so ill do it for sure on the truck once its out the shop...(front end work)

Archived