battery not charging right?

i have a kinetik hc1200 in the back, up front i have a yellow top and a after market 105amp alt..i didnt have enough to get a HO alt..but my volt meter is going bad but anyway my volt meter was saying my rear battery was reading 12.3-12.8 volts. i took a dmm and it said the same damn thing and my car was running so alittle later when my volt meter said the same thing i put the dmm on the batt and it read 13 volts..it has never did this and i check it once a week and it has always said 14 volts and if my car is running at idle for abit then it will say 13 volts..my ground and everything is fine, like i said it just started today, i belive the kinetik is going bad...hopefully it is just so i can get a xs power lol

please help tho

thanks

If it stayed in 12s and lower I'd say it wasn't wired up. But you said it is 13v sometimes and used to be 14v.

Sounds like your alternator is going bad/funky or either you're losing a lot of voltage through wires to the back

Recheck everything. Make sure harness is plugged into alternator firmly, make sure all wires are tight

Edited by Loslam

1997 Chevrolet Silverado Extended Cab, 350 Vortec

Things to come at some point...

Build Log: http://www.stevemead...2200ds-133-ohm/

everything is good..i took the dmm and put it on my alt to battery and it said 14v, like tonight i played my system full tilt and my volts said 12.6 so when i

played it full tilt it didnt move so when i turned it down it raised to 13.6 then went back down..this just started today and i dont understand why, everything is as good

as it was yesterday and that..im thinking the battery is going bad

im having a hard time understanding you. so you measure the back and front battery at the same time and the back one reads lower than the front battery? what brand is the alt you got? where did you get it?

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

pretty much, i took the dmm and my alt is charging my front battery just fine and reading 14volts but today when i put it on my back battery it was reading

12volts, when last week i checked it and it was 14volts, everything is wired just fine and shit, and not sure of the alt man..got it from autozone, i no my volt meter

is going bad cuz it reads some funky shit..there were times where it read 12volts and i put the dmm on my rear battery and it said 14 volts but not today

check your fuses and grounds, and charge the rear battery on a external charger.

Jeep Cherokee 4dr -4.75 in front, new rusty's 4.5 in rear leafs -micky thompson 35x14.50x15 -locker rear -Rusty's offroad Engine/transmission/transfer case/crossmember/gas tank skid plates -Warn front bumper with 8000lb winch -Custom rear bumper -Warrior product tube doors (summertime) -Optima redtop (starter) -26XK miles and still runs like a bat out of hell

Kenwood H/U

1/0 wire,

136 amp alt 200 ah batteries 12.7 daily

2 Apsm 1500 @ 2 ohm strapped on zv3 d1 with ns softparts

Mb quart 125.4 wired to 4 aura 6's

3.6 cube box tuned to 36 plays down to 23hz

check your fuses

and what brand of alt where did you get it from

i have 2 volt meters in my car 1 directly to my 200a singer alt (it is a beast) and 1 on the back battery.

know when at idle i sit at 12.7 v but when i rev my motor it goes to 14.1

if i run my system fulltilt at idle my volts will drop to high 11's

but if i rev my motor 200 rpms my voltage doesnt drop at all

it effects both the front and the rear batt the same way

http://www.stevemead...f-system-build/

2001 VW GTI with a 1.8T motor

BIG 3

Pioneer AVH-4200DVD DOUBLE DIN HEAD UNIT 6 - 4 VOLT PREOUTS

RF T1500-BDCP (running at 2 ohm)

RF T400.4

RF T1 D212 x2 (in ported box)

RF 1/0 TO 4 GAUGE distribution block x 2

all stinger wires

200a alternator (SINGER ALT)

RF T2652-S (6.5 MID BASS AND 1" TWEETS in front and rear)

KINETIC HC 800 BATTERY (Front)

KINETIC HC 1200 BATTERY (BACK)

120ft of 1/0 stinger blue and clear matt

20ft of 4 gauge stinger blue and clear matt

30ft of 8 gauge stinger blue and clear matt

100ft of 12 gauge stinger speaker wire black

like he said he doesn't know the brand name but got it from autozone, i'd run a jumper to the back battery or take it off, put a little jumper on it from the alt or the front battery see what you come up with

build coming late April, early May

build log for 1 LVL 5 18" 87%ish done : http://www.stevemead...ab-dc-lvl-5-18/

1997 Dodge Ram 1500 Slt Laramie

Amplifier - AQ3500d.1

Sub - DC LVL 5 18"

Highs - (2x) Selenium ST-350 Super Tweeters 8ohm

Mids - Selenium 6" 200w midrange 6W4P (pair)

Mids/Highs Amp - MB Quart ONX4.125 1000watt 4 ch

Wiring - XP Flex 25' Red, 25' Black

Alternator - Mechman 270amp

Battery - XS power D3100, 1- Yellow top front

more to come...