Kingleo's VR6. Audio completed and painted.

you could have achieved a better sound using higher quality fronts. i use 1 set of 3 way components and have more sound then anyones 2 sets of comps in the same car. and i have a front stage setup rather then just random sound everywhere.

While the delivery looks great. im totally not a far of rear door speakers in that location at all.

I did look into doing a 3 way but for the price and the distributor I know, Im getting three sets of comps for less then any 3 way set. I go to car shows and hit the beach with the fam, so I like having sound coming from everywhere. There is gonna be two hardcore 12's going in the trunk so I need all the mids I can fit. With going crazy.

quality over quantity. youll learn

you could have achieved a better sound using higher quality fronts. i use 1 set of 3 way components and have more sound then anyones 2 sets of comps in the same car. and i have a front stage setup rather then just random sound everywhere.

While the delivery looks great. im totally not a far of rear door speakers in that location at all.

I did look into doing a 3 way but for the price and the distributor I know, Im getting three sets of comps for less then any 3 way set. I go to car shows and hit the beach with the fam, so I like having sound coming from everywhere. There is gonna be two hardcore 12's going in the trunk so I need all the mids I can fit. With going crazy.

quality over quantity. youll learn

Well thank you for the car audio lesson. This isn't my first install or my last. I've been in the game for 15 years. This is a budget build for my daily driver. Next build I'll hit you up for a loan to by more expensive gear.

its not about buying expensive gear. its about installing pieces that give you the most amount of performance for that dollar spent. plus that cars rediculously easy to make sound great.

• 2 weeks later...

So I decided to use my old school SoloBarics. So I'll be running two 10" Solo's in a ported box tuned to 34 hz. So...pics and I had enough scrap MDF left over from a previous job to build the box.

Peices cut

79b83d6e.jpg

Using 2" spacing and countersunk holes

821c852b.jpg

dcf5407c.jpg

d4f15f6e.jpg

Adding the port

63779f48.jpg

Some 3/4 dowel bracing

9f87c208.jpg

My router died so had to use a jigsaw, didn't turn out to bad.

6bdf9ade.jpg

Subs loaded for a test run

0de53b5e.jpg

This isn't done yet, still have to body work it and then hit it with bed liner.

Have to trim a little metal in the trunk to be able to push the box all the way back.

First test run of the box is very surprising. These subs must love being in a ported box, which these kickers were usually used in sealed ones.

This thing slams. And for only getting 500 or so watts @ 4 ohms they are moving some air.

Also I got my final set of comps today, but won't get to install them until tomorrow.

I have built a similar box for my wifes jetta and it sounds great on 500 watts

Team Big Un,Team DB Drive, Team DB Driven, Team Xs Power

Team Ohio Gen, Usaci 2-4 modified champ 5 years in a row

Archived