Sonic Electronix

Will a system bring down my HP and MPG??

So I was wondering if anyone knows if installing a system would bring down my HP/MPG. Someone told me that it brought down the HP in his '65 mustang a considerable amount. It doesnt make sense to me how you could lose HP? But the MPG thing seemed plausible, becuase I know running the A/C is a MPG killer I figured this might do it too? I'm only running about 2000W RMS and maybe about 90-100lbs? its a chevy 350 in a '71 chevelle.

If anyone knows if that a load of crap or not that would really help me out, because I really want to put my system in but not at the expense of a lot of power and mileage.

Biomedical/Behavioral Science Major, The (Self-Proclaimed) Undisputed-Homemade-Woofer-King

Super-Neodymium-Woofer Build Log: The D4BA-V.2 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169236-diy-super-neodymium-woofer-build-log/?p=2475620

Fucking love Alan you goddamned fucking super nerd lol

When Alan uses big words I don't understand

It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out.

Everytime I see a guy driving a mini cooper I cant help but think he loves cock & (2/29/16)-My wife just bitched at me about throwing out things we don't really use. My response of well we don't really use your vagina so should we throw that out was evidently not the right response. I had to leave the room.

I missed Alan.

RIP 5/29/15 - I love you son.

Well it will bring down your mpg because your alternator will put more pull on your engine to produce more eletrical. Also the weight of your system will slow your car down. Now as for how much ? really depends on the equipment

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee LaredoPioneer AVH- 3200DVD2/0 Flex-A-Prene Welding Cable

(2) Fully Loaded Fi Sp4's dual 1-------> My YouTube Channel <-------

Needs more power those woofers will laugh at that turd

wont reduce hp other than the alternator(s) may lug your engine more. MPG yes that will suffer.

Your engine makes the same hp, just less gets to the flywheel cause its turning alts.

Edited by strangeduck

this may not be the same for u (as i drive a 2000 cavlier with a 2.2) but i only lose city mpg...overall responsiveness is the same (maybe a little better) as stock....but i have a 280 amp alt, a D3400 under the hood, 1/0 everywhere, a pair of sony's in the trunk (ran out of cash, will be upgrading sometime lol) and a DC2k in my car, my highway mpg is still just as good as stock, cant be too noticable when ur car has about 3 times the power mine does :P

Feedback Thread: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/152368-littlebuck1919s-feedback/#entry2177586

i think you'd stick your dick in a blender if it told you it was 40 wtih two kids your age. lol

6/18/82 - 4/17/12

R.I.P. to my sister Shana

wont reduce hp other than the alternator(s) may lug your engine more. MPG yes that will suffer.

how much worse on the MPG we talking? i mean i thought 9-10 was bad enough, if i put it in will it drop below 7-8?

Biomedical/Behavioral Science Major, The (Self-Proclaimed) Undisputed-Homemade-Woofer-King

Super-Neodymium-Woofer Build Log: The D4BA-V.2 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169236-diy-super-neodymium-woofer-build-log/?p=2475620

It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out.

Everytime I see a guy driving a mini cooper I cant help but think he loves cock & (2/29/16)-My wife just bitched at me about throwing out things we don't really use. My response of well we don't really use your vagina so should we throw that out was evidently not the right response. I had to leave the room.

I missed Alan.

how much worse on the MPG we talking? i mean i thought 9-10 was bad enough, if i put it in will it drop below 7-8?

if you are getting 10mpg then you probably have a huge ass diesel engine or something, so i doubt you will see any difference at all in hp or mpg. For instance my truck that gets 13mpg empty get 11-12 even when pulling 10,000lbs of scrap iron.

if you are getting 10mpg then you probably have a huge ass diesel engine or something, so i doubt you will see any difference at all in hp or mpg. For instance my truck that gets 13mpg empty get 11-12 even when pulling 10,000lbs of scrap iron.

Lol no diesel, just a 5.7 350 chevy smallblock. But the mileage is so bad because its old, pulls a 5500lb car, and everyone seems to want to race my ass like they have an F1.......

I missed Alan.

Lol no diesel, just a 5.7 350 chevy smallblock. But the mileage is so bad because its old, pulls a 5500lb car, and everyone seems to want to race my ass like they have an F1.......

Like i said, it probably makes a bit of hp and torque, torque is what you need to turn alt(s). I doubt you will really even notice. You may at the strip though. every 100lbs = 10hp or something

Don't forget the simple fact that the system is going to weigh a certain amount. In theory (in the racing world) every 7 lbs is equal to 1 hp. Having a system in a car is like having passengers in the car all the time.

i resolve to be a nicer moderator.

Tercel build R.I.P.

Eclipse build Old New

V-Dub

My feedback.