Second Skin Audio

sub recone

I just purchase a fi bl motor. I've already sent fi audio and psi emails about recones would I possibly have any other options to make a hybrid speaker like dc soft parts or audioque soft parts to make it more unique?

AQ soft parts on a BL. That would be interesting

Edited by SnowDrifter

So that was a stupid idea wasn't it? Sorry if it was I was just throwing ideas around I know some people run hybrids. I

So would Fi or Psi be the only way I could get this reconed? I plan on running it of a crescendo bc2000.

I got an email back from fi it soind kinda computer generated.... how hard is it to put on a new basket for an 18 fi bl and recone it is it harder than just a recone of am I overcomplecating it? Oh and I'm still waiting for a reply from psi. Doesn't psi make subs like even better I mean they have to Exo and a bunch of other competitors use them. How would you compare a stock sub to a psi recone of the same sub?

I've had a bad experience from DC soft parts.....They are VERY VERY CHEAP I reconed an RE SX of mine and they sent the cheapest dustcap to me, the surround on the sub felt very cheap like. The one that it head before was very sturdy and everything which is for my next recone ill be going with Fi because they were the ex owners of RE so they must have the same soft parts.

Really you did so no dc.... I'm thinking I'm going to just order the basket and soft parts from fi and do it myself anybody got some advice?

I'd just keep it with fi or psi

98 Isuzu Rodeo
Pioneer Deh-6300ub
SUBS
​*Upcoming* SSA Xcon 18 4th order
AMP
​Banda 3500
Mids/Highs
Pioneer
EQ
Clarion EQS746
ETC.